why are fast food places so mean?

i went to Mac donal and one women came standing behind the counter and kept asking if i was in line and i finally gave up and said yes. I only say yes becose he was annoying me. now she keep asking what food i want! i don't understand, we never do this back in my country Nagorno-Karabakh. I try to being nice and they are so mean to me. why?

Favorite Answer

i don't think the person was trying to be mean i think the person had a job to do and was rushing a little bit so they could get food for everyone, get payed and have break. if you want people to be nice then don't go to a fast food place. a real restaurant will have better quality from food to service but fast food is only useful because its FAST and i think a gas station is better for that than a Mac Donald's or most of the other fast food restaurants that just give u a burger with fries and send you packing.

You should have come over before the days of "having it your way". Back then they didn't ask you anything, they just handed you a greasy bag of food- take it or leave it, like it or lump it.

ugh...I know what you mean..some are very mean..sometimes i get looks and i just want to look back and say wtf are you looking at?? blah..i am very nice too and i sometimes do not understand their attitude. I chalk it up to that they have a job where they deal with thousands of people who might be rude to them and they get grumpy and are human (i hope) lol.

IDK but these days theres no "mice maze" at these places so you stand there waiting in the middle for 5 minutes and someone walks in and goes to the left or right register and gets served immediately. its wrong.

Go work at an American fast food restaurant and you'll understand why............

• Harry

because they don't have time to be nice...