Donny
Donny asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

can you name some movies that have FIVE or more actors that you really love in them?

for me:

Goodfellas- De Niro, Pesci, Liotta, Michael Imperioli, Lorraine Bracco, Debi Mazar, Kevin Corrigan, Tony Sirico, Frank Vincent, Samuel L Jackson

The Departed- DiCaprio, Damon, Nicholson, Wahlberg, Corrigan etc

The Royal Tenenbaums- Bill Murray, Gene Hackman, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Ben Stiller etc

BQ- what are your top 10 favorite movies of 2011?

BQ2- top 10 most anticipated for 2012?

BQ3- thoughts on any of the movies on my list if you've seen them:

http://www.imdb.com/list/Jb4bkDNZU8c/

BQ4- thoughts on my most anticipated films?: (this could help you on BQ2)

http://www.imdb.com/list/P-dZBHuWbBQ/

BQ5- did you go to college? anywhere notable? if not why?

Happy New Year to you all.

lol KZ, maybe I should try watching it on shrooms, and you should try watching it sober

Favorite Answer

Crazy Stupid Love (Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne More, Marisa Tomei, Kevin Bacon)

Syriana (George Clooney, Matt Damon, Jeffrey Wright, Chris Cooper, Christopher Plummer)

The Good Shepard (Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Matt Damon, John Turturro, Matt Damon)

The Invention of Lying (Edward Norton, PSH, Jonah Hill, Rickey Gervais, Jeffrey Tambor, Louis C.K.)

X-Men: First Class (Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Byrne)

BQ:

1. 50/50

2. The Descendants

3. Drive

4. Crazy, Stupid, Love

5. Hugo

6. Midnight in Paris

7. Warrior

8. Ceremony

9. Beginners

10. The Ides of March

I'm not completely satisfied with the order, but it works. I'm actually expecting it to be completely different once I re-watch #1, #3, #4, #6, and #9. That's definitely my top ten though.

BQ2:

1. Moonrise Kingdom

2. Django Unchained

3. The Silver Linings Playbook

4. The Place Beyond The Pines

5. Argo

6. Only God Forgives

7. Gangster Squad

8. Seven Psychopaths

9. Twylight Zones (David Chase and James Gandolfini, not to mention the cinematographer did In Bruges, and the editor worked on The Sopranos. Why don't I have higher?)

10. The Golden Suicides

Don't look at that as a top ten, look at it as ten films I'm anticipating.

BQ3:

The Ides of March - For one thing, the best cast of the year. The performances were so authentic, it's really a movie driven by its incredible acting. The nice turn in the story really makes you despise politicians. I thought it should have been a bit longer, and the dialogue could have been sharper, but overall it's a very good movie, and obviously one of my favorites of he year.

Melancholia - Eh. I've only seen it once, so I guess I need to give it a re-watch, but it was a visually stunning film. Well acted, well shot, funny, depressing. I just thinks it's overrated, is all. But I can't take anything away from it, and Kirstin Dunst's complex performance should earn her an Oscar nomination, although it won't.

Rampart - Speaking of complex characters. Woody Harrelson was astonishing in this movie. As a whole, the film has it's flaws, definitely, but it's very hard to take it all in with one watch, which is what I did. I keep mentioning Ben Foster's performance to, because, albeit small, it's incredible.

Beginners - An absolute tour de force. Why Ewan McGregor isn't getting more attention is crazy to me, since his performance is easily top five of the year (as far as male performances go). You'll love Arthur the dog when you watch this.

X-Men: First Class - Great entertainment. I think it's a tad bit overrated, but Michael Fassbender's performance was flawless, really. He is the future of acting, along with my man Ryan Gosling. James McAvoy was fantastic too, I need to see more from him.

The Help - This film had some of the best acting of the year. As much as I love the girl from The Descendants (I'm not going to attempt to spell her name), Octavia Spencer needs to win the Best Supporting Actress award at the Oscars. She was stunning. Emma Stone is beautiful, by the way.

Warrior - Great drama. I'm not a big MMA guy, but this captivated me. I wasn't too impressed by Tom Hardy's performance, but Edgerton and Nolte were amazing. I thought the ending was pretty cliche also, but it gave me goosebumps, lol.

Hall Pass - Not too good, but I'm in love with Jenna Fischer, so it was visually the best movie of the year. lol

Terri - John C. Reilly was really good as the Vice Principal, but I wasn't feeling this movie. He was literally the only part I enjoyed.

BQ4: I actually saved it in a word document in August, lol.

BQ5: No, I didn't finish high school.

Happy New Year Donson.

• ĶŽ

The Royal Tenenbaums (and most Wes Anderson films, for that matter): Owen Wilson, Bill Murray, Gene Hackman, Luke Wilson, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, Anjelica Huston, Danny Glover

The Prestige: Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johansson, Michael Caine, Andy Serkis (although he has a small part)

The Departed: Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin,

Gangs of New York: Daniel Day-Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio, John C. Reilly, Liam Neeson, Cameron Diaz (hot)

The Dark Knight: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Cilian Murphy, Morgan Freeman, Aaron Eckhart

There would be a lot more if it was 4 or more actors rather than five...There are plenty of actors that I don't care for.

BQ:

1. Midnight in Paris

2. 50/50

3. X-Men: First Class

4. The Adjustment Bureau

5. Tyrannosaur

6. The Tree of Life (Your favorite)

7. Moneyball

8. Rise of the Planet of the Apes

9. Super 8

10. Cowboys and Aliens

I'm starting to think that I won't ever get caught up on the movies of 2011...by the time I do, I'll be behind on 2012.

BQ2:

1. Moonrise Kingdom

2. Lincoln

3. The Dark Knight Rises

4. Prometheus

5. Django Unchained

6. The Hobbit

7. Mass Effect (if it comes out)

8. Dark Shadows

9. Cogan's Trade

10. Cloud Atlas (could be higher once I read the book)

BQ3: I haven't seen a majority of them, honestly.

BQ4: Good stuff, I didn't know about a bunch of them.

BQ5: Not yet, but I'd like to at some point.

Happy New Year

1. Schindler's List - a perfect example of man's inhumanity to man. This movie will make you cry and it will make you angry. But it will also show how just one person can make a difference. 2. The Dark Knight - This movie was incredible! It has suspense, drama, comedy, and a little romance. The sets are fantastic, and some of the action scenes are just unbelievable. The actors were right on playing their characters and it is just an amazing movie!! 3. 300 - Ok, I admit it, I love looking at the men!! But on top of that it has some awesome battle scenes!! (The ending is sad though, it made me cry) 4. Black Hawk Down - I love any movie based on the truth. This one made me cry too. 5. Phantom of the Opera - Just beautifully done. The sets were amazing, the costumes beautiful and the story was so sad and so romantic. I loved the phantom!! I guess all the movies I think are best are the ones that make me cry!!

Bram Stockers Dracula

Sweeny Todd

Zoolander

Bunraku

Besides the obvious answer of "The Expendables", I'll go with... the Lord of the Rings- Viggo Mortenson, Sean Bean, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, Ian McKellan, Ian Holm, Bernard Hill, Karl Urban, Dominic Monaghan, and Hugo Weaving.

I love twilight - robert pattinson, kristen stewart, ashley greene, taylor lautner, nikki reed etc.

harry potter-emma, daniel, draco, luna, cedric, fred, george etc.

vampire academy-rose, dimitri, lissa, cristian, adrian.

quick change

bill murray

randy quaid

tony shaloub

stanly tucci

jason robards

and geena davis