in the marines, are you a pfc the day you set foot in boot camp...?

i have 21 college credits and been told i'll go in as a PFC but my question is...

will i set foot in boot camp as a PFC or will I get PFC after boot camp?

how does it work?

and around how much time from the time I set foot in boot camp until I become a corporal?

is it true that once u become a Corporal u get into a 2 person dorm where each person has their own room and privacy?

all info would help.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

You'll be a recruit, after that you'll hit E-2 or whatever rank you'll be.

• 8 years ago

1. You will be paid as an E-2 PFC from day one.

2. But you will not actually be a PFC, until the day your graduate boot

3. It will take around 3 to 4 years to make corporal

You have to make Lance Corporal E-3, first.

• 3 years ago

there is not any reason to be worried approximately failing. jointly as going to bootcamp rather Marine bootcamp could be somewhat hair elevating there have been many in this subject till now. Why do you think of you will fail? the sole element that could get you held lower back in education is that in case you have been bodily unable to end or meet the standards on the IST (preliminary potential attempt) besides the undeniable fact that, recruiters are meant to insure that recruits can meet IST standards. If for some reason you get to bootcamp and you will't complete the IST (that's 3 pullups, fifty 5 crunches and a a million a million/2 in 13:fifty 5 i've got faith) you would be positioned right into a PCP platoon or actual Conditioning Platoon. the place you will in simple terms PT and not prepare till you may bypass the IST. as quickly as you bypass the IST you would be positioned right into a usual education platoon and initiate a while in bootcamp. different than that the sole element you may probable be faraway from different than harm is the rifle variety which no person truly fails, yet once you do, you in simple terms are recycled right into a platoon each week or 2 in the back of you in education. in short, there is not any "failure" of bootcamp, you're there till you graduate, and that they'll keep recycling you into different platoons till you bypass. yet do not hardship approximately it to plenty. i replaced into in no way quite some an athlete in school and the Marines do a super activity of gradually increasing the %. in actual education in the time of bootcamp so it is in no way overwhelming. besides the undeniable fact which you would be lifeless drained on the tip of the day and sleep such as you have in no way slept till now ;)

• 8 years ago

no, you are a recruit until you graduate. You cannot be a PFC until you are a Marine. You cannot be a Marine until you graduate from boot camp. Your rank will kick in if you make it through boot camp..

Source(s): wife of a marine
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

if it is in your contract yes.

that means the 3 months you are in bootcamp goes towards the time you need for Lcpl.

how long to become Cpl. can depends on your MOS, and your cutting scores. however 2-3urs for Cpl sounds about average.

the barracks will very depending on where you are. in my unit even Cpls were 3 to a room, and the type of rooms you are describing i have never seen while i was in.

Source(s): USMC 2002-2006.
  • 8 years ago

you will receive it before you go to boot camp. my friend was a second lieutenant in civil air patrol and he recently enlisted in the air guard. after 2-3 months after he enlisted he received his airman first class promotion in the mail. id also like to add that he is a senior in high school and has not gone to basic training yet

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

your a pfc the day you graduate

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Your 1st sargent will tell you all you need to know.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

you'll be a recruit

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.