Is going to angeles university in pampanga philippines a good idea?

Im graduating high school this year in may from Abraham Lincoln High school here in SF. I know nothing about the philippines, but i have family that has gone to this university. Im freaking out! My family tells me that in going here it wont be much of a competition to get the classes i want as it is here in sanfran. I also hear that in the philippines they mix your GE classes so you can get started on your major right away. Is it a good idea, should i go?

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't want to go to school in the world's #1 sex tourism spot. There are plenty of other places in the Philippines to go to school.

Other factor to consider: Do you speak Filipino? Are you prepared to live in the 3rd world? Do you know the universities here are expensive, especially for a foreigner? Do you know that the FAFSA in the USA will not only pay 100% of your tuition, but also housing, food, clothing, etc.? Don't forget, there IS a difference between a 1st world American degree, and a 3rd world degree from an uncredited University.

BTW-I wanted to go to a local university. It said it was only accredited with ONE foreign university. Good luck transferring credits...

However, if you love this country, or want an adventure, or to get away from home, etc. Go for it.

Though there's nothing bad with that, school is a school, but you have to think carefully what you want for your future. As you know that the standard level of school in the Philippines is lower compare to the US so analyze the matter carefully and make decision by yourself most of all ask your parents.

What makes me wonder is that filipinos are dying to continue their schooling in the States while you want to leave and go to the Philippines. I know that those filipinos wants to brag around and impress people they knew, they love to listen to flowering words that's why overseas attainment for them is " A big accomplishment".

• Marc

California has one of the best University system in the world. Does this answer your question?