Spiritually speaking, if you tell a child not to put a toy with small parts in it's mouth ...?

... but your child goes and does it anyway - rebelling against your authority, and thus ultimately bringing about their own death ...

Is it the child's fault, or the parents for not stopping their child?

FYI - most legal systems recognise that it's the parent's fault (child neglect). So the basic premise of human understanding of morality is that the innocent, naive child, is never to blame for it's parents neglectful endangerment of it.

• Sarah
    Favorite Answer

It is the adults fault. They are responsible for their child's safety.

Yes but if your child happens to be an adult you'd think that telling them "don't do it, or else you'll die" you'd think they understand.

For example, I'm an adult, so if my parent says "Don't drink and drive, you'll kill yourself!" and I do it anyways, it's my parent's fault? Because Adam and Eve were adults when this happened, not God's.

Well if the child is young enough to not understand it can cause them danger then it is your fault for not watching your child.

It is only human to break laws.Why do you think so many people watch porn ?