Can't afford to be in friend's wedding?

Our friends are getting married at the end of this month & it has been very last minute. They just picked a date last week & actually got legally married in December to get on each other's insurance (no one knows this but us). We were very honored to be asked in the wedding, but we literally have no money right now because my husband's job has been very slow so he has been unable to work AND we just spent all of our savings on our newborn baby (surprise! insurance didn't pay for a thing). I'm one of the 2 bridesmaids & my husband is one of the 2 groomsmen but we literally won't be able to afford groceries or shots for our baby this month if we buy a tux And a bridesmaid dress. Combined, the costs aren't more than $350 but that is still way more than we have at this moment. What do we do??

Just tell them that you can't afford it. How hard is that?

But why are they having this fake wedding when they are already married? They can't get married twice. I wouldn't participate in it for that reason alone! It's a FAKE wedding! It certainly isn't an honor to be in something like this.

Just be honest with them about it. You don't have to go into detail or explain your financial situation to them, just tell them that you are so happy that they asked, but you simply can't afford the clothes. I'm sure that they will understand.

The best would be telling your friend. If they are good friends they will understand your situation.

Or else get a loan from somebody if you can afford.

The proper thing to do is to thank them for being asked but tell them you're sorry you cannot be a part of it due to finances.

this happened to me but i didn't want to tell them because i didn't want to sou nd bad or lose my pride but i did it and they were great about it and i just wore a dress i had and they were fine about it as for a suit ask him to ask his friends to see if any of them can let him borrow it and congrats on the baby xXx

• David

tell them its only honorable.