Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 9 years ago

9 week old nursing all night long suddenly?

For the last several nights my baby has wanted to nurse literally all night long. I get 30 mins to an hour and a half before she's crying to eat again. She goes from 10 to 6/730 without a wet or dirty diaper but when she wakes up she has several wets immediately. She is not doing this during the day.

During the day she nurses every 2 to 3.5 hours and has plenty of wet diapers. So what's going on? Is this just a phase? I exclusively breastfeed but my mom and husband want me to switch to formula so she isn't "starving" all the time. I really don't want to supplement or switch unless I absolutely have to.

K B - have you not read the news? Three babies got very sick from formula lately & when the opened cans of formula were testes, it did test positive for the bacteria. So yeah, it kind of is like poison. Its fine if you have no options, but I have options.

• HooBoo
    Favorite Answer

It is common and is probably due to a growth spurt. Your husband and mother are probably just worried about you and your health / wellbeing. They want you to be getting enough sleep so that you don't experience other problems. Formula is not poison, plenty of babies thrive on it and do well. The choice is yours to make, of course, but try not to be too hard on those that love you when they are just concerned for you.

Growth spur!

It's normal to have a growth spur between 2-3 months. When my son had his, I couldn't believe how much milk could go in such a little body. They usually don't last longer than a week.

Is this just a phase? Kids are all about phases. As soon as you think you have a routine down, your child's behavior will change and you'll need to adapt to his new schedule, eating, sleeping habits.

Supplementing with formula won't solve anything except confuse your body. If you want to continue breastfeeding, please do so.

• declue

i could incredibly choose for to have a purebred Ragdoll. Does yours have those beautiful blue eyes? i do no longer understand the behaviour of cats. My cats are all clutter knowledgeable yet as kittens nonetheless chosen to flow different places. My youngest does it interior an analogous spot on the bathe floor each night. I definitely have heard that cats choose for to pee on your mattress while they are indignant at you, yet i'm particular it is no longer the case with one among these youthful kitten. Cats are somewhat clever so there has have been given to be some emotional course for this behaviour. call your vet or look on Google. i hit upon a mind-blowing variety of useful cat web content on Google. The breeder is faulty. you should introduce the kittens as quickly as plausible. No meter how previous they are, cats will conflict. The longer you have the 1st cat the greater linked he is going to alter into with you and your loved ones, and the greater territorial he would be, so introducing him to a distinctive cat later would be worse and could keep getting worse the longer you leave it. have confidence me, experienced any loves cats. Cat specialists recommend which you have an extra kitty clutter for the quantity of cats you have. So in case you have 2 cats then have 3 kitty litters. keep the kitty litters far flung from one yet another yet no longer in separate rooms. Your cat ought to have a spraying challenge, something I discovered approximately while looking at a documentary on cats - and this could be why he's peeing on the mattress. a mind-blowing variety of male cats have spraying problems as a rule to mark their area. Have the cat regarded at on the vets approximately it once you're taking him for his each year shot and examine up. Cats additionally spray in the event that they are under pressure, so think of if there is any reason your cat ought to be under pressure. Do you sparkling his kitty clutter many times? 4 cases a week ought to do it. it is all i will think of of. :)

• K

"Is this just a phase?"

Yes -- VERY normal -- it'll happen a few more times as she grows, too...

"Growth spurts"

http://kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html

"Is My Baby Getting Enough Milk?"

http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca/content.php?pagenam...

"my mom and husband want me to switch to formula"

Why don't you ask Dad and Grandma to read up on breastfeeding before trying to offer feeding "help"? Seriously, send them off to kellymom.com, tell them you're not interested in discussing it until they've had a good read through there. Ask them to troubleshoot your breastfeeding for you if they want to give advice.

Kid needs to nurse like mad every so often when she has a growth spurt; it's the way she tells your body "Hey, I'm turning into a bigger baby and I'm going to need more milk -- here's how much you need to be making from now on."

Well if you don't want to use formula then don't use it. Most babies who are breastfed feed more frequently than formula fed babies.