Moving OS from HDD to SSD?

Hi I'm really confused and I've been searching around the internet and I feel like I have not got the right answer that I'm looking for. Anyways I am thinking about purchasing a SSD around 60-120gb to use as a boot drive and few basic files. Although I already installed my OS on my HDD and I already... show more Hi I'm really confused and I've been searching around the internet and I feel like I have not got the right answer that I'm looking for. Anyways I am thinking about purchasing a SSD around 60-120gb to use as a boot drive and few basic files. Although I already installed my OS on my HDD and I already used my product key. Is there a way to JUST get the OS and move it to the SSD and STILL keep the files from the HDD? Would I need to delete my OS from my HDD somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Update: Note: I still have the original CD and product key with me, if that helps at all :P