How do I take a screenshot?

I have a PC.

I have a Windows computer and I don't see a Print Screen button on my keyboard. :)

Favorite Answer

If you have Windows 7, use Snipping tool so you can immediately select which part to capture. Otherwise, press the Print Screen key, open Paint and click on Paste. Crop the image so unwanted areas will be removed. If you only want to capture an active window of a program, hold the Alt key when you press the Print Screen key. Paste the image in Paint.

EDIT: It's probably labeled as Prt Scr on your keyboard. It's usually on the upper right hand side of your keyboard next to the Pause / Break, Insert and Delete keys.

If you're playing an online game they should have a screenshot function. Check the controls section.

If you just want to take a screenshot of your screen, hit the PrtScn button on your keyboard, which will attach the image to your clipboard like copying something. Then open up your paint or image editing program and paste it. It will paste the entire screen and whatever it was you had wanted to screenshot.

Go to File -> Save -> Extension: Either Jpeg or PNG (though PNG has better quality) and save it somewhere you can retrieve it on your pc.

• Rose D

Hit the Print Screen button. The open a program like Paint and select Paste to copy the image. If you have Vista or Windows 7, you can also go to the Start button and type 'snip' (without the quotation marks) and start the Snipping Tool, which allows you to capture windows instead of the whole screen, if you like.

• JB

There should be a button on your keyboard that says print screen. Once you press it open up paint or some other program and right click/paste it in.

If you want a program which can do screenshots/videos I recommend something like Fraps.

Taking a screenshot is dependent on your operating system.

Also, telling us you have a PC is not telling us what your operating system is, because "PC" can refer to any computer:

PC = Personal Computer , which can be Windows, Macintosh, etc. based computers.

Macintosh = PC made by Apple.

Print screen @ paste it into whatever u want it in

You press the "print screen" button on your keyboard and then you should be able to just paste it anywhere... (ex. word, paint, etc.)

Source(s): I do not have a PC so I am not sure.

#a million Crescent Love! #2 Karin! #3 Kaleido celebrity #4 value Of Tennis #5 Aiteruze toddler #6 The melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya #7 Nurse Witch Komugi #8 Pokemon #9 Kamichama Karin #10 Kyou Kara Maou I have no self assurance in those. idk what they are. cool and relaxing interest nevertheless. my solutions embarrass me.

• Yeti

You hit the button that should say something like "PrtSc" or "PrintScreen" on it. Then it's in memory and you just have to paste it somewhere.