Hiring a web developer/coder?

Hello all, I am in a "think tank" group and we're in need of a coder/web developer in order to create a website (that we thought of). It's a social-networking/forum type of website....Short story is that we have been thinking of ideas for the past multiple months, and thought up an idea that we... show more Hello all, I am in a "think tank" group and we're in need of a coder/web developer in order to create a website (that we thought of). It's a social-networking/forum type of website....Short story is that we have been thinking of ideas for the past multiple months, and thought up an idea that we all liked. And now we want to implement it.

Anyways, are there any companies/businesses that specialize in creating or developing websites? And I don't mean the "businesses" situated in India/China, etc, where they take your money and give you a second-rate website that they created in a couple of days.