What's you experience with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints? (Good or bad)?

My question is what is your experience with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, its followers (also known as Mormons) and if you could get one message through to Mormons and/or non Mormons, what would it be? I don't want 150 comments on green jello (no matter how delicious it is!) or on what... show more My question is what is your experience with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, its followers (also known as Mormons) and if you could get one message through to Mormons and/or non Mormons, what would it be?

I don't want 150 comments on green jello (no matter how delicious it is!) or on what crazy cultist's Mormons are, I just want to hear your story. If you were hurt or healed, or whatever happened, I'm curious to get minds jogging. :)

Here's my answer if you are curious:

I was born into and abusive Mormon family. I was outcast at church for not being perfect, for not being at church because my parents didn't take me. I was hurt by almost an entire ward. I was baptized at eight, and when I was told I was getting baptized I had to ask what that was. When I was 13 I had to ask who Abraham was, because I didn't know any better, because I had not been taught. I became more active in my teen years as well as my parents, but had many trials and problems. When I brought this up to the bishop, he was helpful, but my parents were hateful and abusive about my flaws.

I left during that time and studied many religions between 16-20 years old. From the age of 18 I decided there was no God and became an Atheist that studied out of interest... When I had spent some time and did my own personal study on both "the church" and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints instead of dealing with the people in "the church" I realized that what The Book of Mormon said was true. After studying all the facts and history of "the church" and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and not shunning that history, but accepting it and realizing my religion has flawed people just like every other religion does did I gain a testimony that could hold.

People in the church that try to act so perfect are just like any other human, hurt and living with whatever pain they had to bear. Me and my family are currently on great standing, we have dealt with the demons of the past and we are trying to better ourselves. Whether we are faithful Mormons, "Jack Mormons," or not Mormon at all (our family has all of these), we are trying to better ourselves and that is the important part to any family. Mormon or not we all have flaws.

To those who are Mormon, do not hold against someone the fact that they do not believe. That doesn't mean they aren't working towards the kingdom of heaven, it just means they are taking a different road. To those who are angry for those judgmental Mormons, (and yes, they do exist sadly) realize that those Mormons are just trying to progress, and they are also trying to help you progress. They just sometimes can't figure out what kind of help you need, so they assume the help they are offering is what you need. They get upset when you refuse that help. Its stupid, but its human.

Also, everyone relax about all the jokes! Its just a bunch of jokes, and though many of them aren't true, the fact that they are so ridiculous is part of the fun! There are a few that cross the line, but going on about what "flipping, fetching devils" the joke tellers are (pun intended) isn't gonna make them laugh less.

I know my church is true. I also know that accepting Christ in this life isn't the only way to get to the highest kingdom of heaven. Christ will have to be accepted, but if it doesn't happen this lifetime, you are not doomed. That's the great news! I know with all the things I have gone through, the trouble I have had to bear has led me to a point in my life where I am happy. I hope whatever you believe that above all, you are happy.
Update: @hussien well, that didn't answer any of my questions and was more of an add for your own faith, but I will answer your legit questions. 1) Many others saw the golden plates such as Martin Harris and Oliver Cowdery. 2) The 150ish page that were stolen not by his wife but taken by Martin Harris against the will... show more @hussien well, that didn't answer any of my questions and was more of an add for your own faith, but I will answer your legit questions.
1) Many others saw the golden plates such as Martin Harris and Oliver Cowdery.
2) The 150ish page that were stolen not by his wife but taken by Martin Harris against the will of God and then lost, were not able to be reproduced because they were not backed up. Have you ever translated something? If you translate it, and then later try to re translate it, it may not be the exact same due to some words that are not able to be translated exactly and vastly different grammar. So no, it wasn't the exact same. At least he admitted "hey, this got lost, its not gonna be the same."
3) Its called religion, many claims from other religions aren't backed up archaeologically... for instance, according to archaeology and science, the earth isn't just 7000 years old as the bible suggests.
4) His conviction of fraud had to do with a lack of
Update 2: funds. He just as many others, had a bank fall through. He was trying to get a church off the ground, that is difficult financially. His bank couldn't stay stable, and when it failed many people including his own family lost money. 5) I do believe that Joseph met Christ. I respect your right to not believe... show more funds. He just as many others, had a bank fall through. He was trying to get a church off the ground, that is difficult financially. His bank couldn't stay stable, and when it failed many people including his own family lost money.
5) I do believe that Joseph met Christ. I respect your right to not believe that, but I do, just as you believe Peter saw Christ.
I am not looking for a fight over who the best religion is, I am simply trying to get experiences, and since you listed not one experience about your interactions with this religion or the people in it you get a dislike.
Update 3: @lightgiver actually, the pain wasn't from those my age, but from adults towards my family. They treated me poorly by association, but i have long gotten past that, and realized that they have flaws just like anyone else. Humans are humans, they have flaws and they can work towards Christ, whether they are... show more @lightgiver actually, the pain wasn't from those my age, but from adults towards my family. They treated me poorly by association, but i have long gotten past that, and realized that they have flaws just like anyone else. Humans are humans, they have flaws and they can work towards Christ, whether they are Mormon or not. I believe The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the fullness of the gospel, but that doesn't mean every other church is dead wrong, and faithful believers of other religions are good people too. :) Very interesting story!

@snow I totally get that take, but just like any religion, if question are brought up, we will answer, and if false things are stated, we will explain them. That being said, there are a good amount of these "Mormon Apologists" as you say... They try to deny the bad things in our history. I prefer to say, yeah, there are somethings that the early leaders and members messed up on. They were not the mistakes of God, they