Bowen asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 years ago

Inspirational Football Stories?

Give me a link to a story of a story that's inspirational like Eric LeGrand of Rutgers. I would also like a story about how everyone said a certain team couldn't do something but did it. (Kinda like how the Cardinals won the World Series when no one believed and then they did kinda story but with football).

Favorite Answer

My inspirational football story of 2011 has to be Andrea Marsh becoming the first female defensive back to be recruited to play for a college football program: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/high-schools/art...

This really inspired me to continue on here, giving out positive and encouraging answers, when I wanted to quit Yahoo! Answers in late September (when I had just a little over 1500 Best Answers, and was #9 on the Leaderboard). If not for that story, I would have never come close to passing Lil Tsunami for #3 on the Leaderboard for this section, let alone by the end of 2011.

Source(s): This is the official beginning of the next step in the movement of females playing football :)

Look up Freddy Jackson, a D3 running back who didn't start in high school then ended up being the leagues highest rusher until he got hurt

Michael Oher of Ravnes

Packers last year 2011, winning the super bowl with lots of injuries.

Tim Tebow of Broncos

There once was a man from China

All he wanted was some eye 'lina'

Although he was good in school

He wasn't very cool

And I was forced to dump him in the pool

And I'll kick off his hat

With some Mortal Kombat

And he won't have anything to say about that

its a very nice story, apparently based on a story about Mark and Bill from the book Chicken Soup for the soul. although, i can't confirm this as i haven't read the book myself.