Lower back pain and also upper thigh pain?

I'm in the Marine Corps and back in July I got a MRI done on my back a few military doctors said it was nothing to be seen. And one civilian doctor said I had mild bulging discs, investable discs, and disc degeneration disease all in L4 and L5. I have gotten 3 sets of steroids and a temp nerve block all back in Oct- November.

And it's been a constant pain and I think they made it worse. Within the last few days my back has been very sensitive on the skin to touch in my lower back hurts to touch, hurts to sit, and lay down. And have been getting really sharp pains in my right hip and it moved down to my upper right thigh ( front of thigh) and sharp pains in my left foot. And lower right leg. I've been waking up 2-4 times a night soaking wet in my own set.

What could this be? Should I get a updated MRI? Should I go to the ER it's been bothering me. And could the mild bulg have gotten worse maybe even herniated?

I've also done 3 months of physical therapy in may- July.

The pain just flows up and down in my lower spine and not very often I feel a sharp pain on the left side of my neck.

I have not been to a chiropractor inless the guys at physical therapy were one. They made me to stretches and would crack my back after ven hook up batteries to my back but that didn't help

Best Answer

The pain radiating from your back injury down your leg(s) is called sciatica. Its caused by a bulging disc putting pressure on a nerve, or degenerative disc disease or disc dissentation. MRI's don't always show the causes of this. CT scans sometimes do. Chiropractic care by a licensed Chiropractor helps, but only after a few months of care. For pain in your neck, you may want to ask for a MRI of your neck, or a c-spine MRI. Good luck!

pain upper thigh pain

Have you been to a chiropractor? They may be able to help.