Atheists, can you answer this question?

I know everything that exists came from the big bang, but why did it happen and how? Trust me I don't doubt the big bang theory or evolution at all because there is actual evidence for it, and I lost all respect for religion. I am 99% certain that god isn't real because that leads to question where god came from, why is he a human with magical powers that only cares about being praised, and why does he allow children in Africa to starve to death. I know that probably none of you can answer my question but if you guys have an idea please let me know, this has been on my mind for so long, i need to know why i exist and just where did i come from.

Best Answer

I don't know why this is in the social science section.

It used to be that science couldn't answer the question about the origin the universe or of the Big Bang, but that didn't mean we should make up an answer (such as a god) and say that it was the cause. Within the last few decades science has discovered some good answers.

There are many well-respected physicists, such as Stephen Hawking, Lawrence Krauss, Sean M. Carroll, Victor Stenger, Michio Kaku, Alan Guth, Alex Vilenkin, Robert A.J. Matthews, and Nobel laureate Frank Wilczek, who have created scientific models where the Big Bang and thus the entire universe could arise from nothing but a quantum vacuum fluctuation -- via natural processes.

In relativity, gravity is negative energy, and matter and photons are positive energy. Because negative and positive energy seem to be equal in absolute total value, our observable universe appears balanced to the sum of zero. Our universe could thus have come into existence without violating conservation of mass and energy — with the matter of the universe condensing out of the positive energy as the universe cooled, and gravity created from the negative energy. When energy condenses into matter, equal parts of matter and antimatter are created — which annihilate each other to form energy. However there is a slight imbalance to the process, which results in matter dominating over antimatter.

I know that this doesn't make sense in our Newtonian experience, but it does in the realm of quantum mechanics and relativity. As Nobel laureate physicist Richard Feynman wrote, "The theory of quantum electrodynamics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And it agrees fully with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as she is — absurd."

"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today."

— Isaac Asimov

"As far as I can see, such a theory [of the primeval atom] remains entirely outside any metaphysical or religious question. It leaves the materialist free to deny any transcendental Being… For the believer, it removes any attempt at familiarity with God."

— Georges Lemaître, Catholic priest who first proposed what became the Big Bang Theory

For more, watch the video at the 1st link - "A Universe From Nothing" by Lawrence Krauss, or get his book (at the 2nd link).

-

Where god came from: God was made up just like the characters of a fiction novel. God was created because Humans fear death, and it was by making up and all powerful deity (that over history has taken many forms) to calm the fears that we have of death and the unknown.

Why is he a human with magical powers that only cares about being praised: Because God was created by egocentric minds to brainwash and keep those who were uneducated in check. It was a way of keeping the church in charge of the parishioners freedom.

Why does he allow children in Africa to starve to death: Because God doesn't exist. And sad to say there are some people out there who will pray for those children thinking they are doing their part, but their prayers go unanswered. But they won't volunteer their time to make care packages, they won't donate to charity, or they say it's Africa's problem and there is no reason for others to intervene.

• rowlfe

No one knows, pure and simple. The problem is, you what to believe there is no god, but just like religion which claims there IS a god, YOU are faced with the exact same problem, evidence. I am a non-believer, but I make NO claims. I do not claim there is no god or that religion is wrong, just that they have no proof that they are RIGHT when they CLAIM there is a god. I allow for the possibility that there COULD be a god or more likely, a god-equivalent out there some where in what we commonly refer to as the infinite Cosmos of the universe. There is NO way to prove there is no god without exploring the entire volume of the universe, every cubic inch and since it is thought to have no end, you could never explore it all, and thus there is still someplace a god COULD exist! It is ALL or none. Therefore, I make NO claims whatsoever, but instead challenge the claims of the churches, when they claim there is a god. Does a god exist? I do not know, and nor do I care as I see NO evidence to show a god exists NOW or at any time in the past. So, why should I believe the church as they want me to? All I have is theor WORDS, either spoken by their priiests or written in scripture. Scripture and words spoken are all hearsay without any evidence to back those words as TRUE. It is incumbent on the one making the claims to show evidence to back your claim as TRUE, not on the rest of us to show your claim is FALSE. EVerything you ask, about why this and why that, is all pointless unless you can show me there is now or was at some point in the past a god... What good does it do to debate the color of god's hair when no one can show that there IS a god as claimed by religion to even HAVE hair in the first place??? So, show me the smoking gun of god, so to speak, and THEN we'll have reason to question creation and debate as to why this and why that...

What religion calls the miracle of creation and what science calls the big bang, is all the same to me, simply questions that I have not found the answer for YET... I'm still looking. With evolution and the big bang, we have indications, indirect evidence, that these things happened, but creation has absolutely nothing without something to show there IS or WAS a god to DO the creating in the beginning. My mind is open, curious, but religion has a closed mind, which snapped shut when they claimed "hand of god" as the reason WHY, and THAT, my friend, is a textbook definition of stupidity, having the ability to learn, but CHOOSING not to... Religion makes as much sense as watching a taped replay of the world series and expecting that maybe THIS time, the other team will win... which if you believe scripture could happen if you pray hard enough... After all, they SAY that this god of theirs can DO anything... All I say is two words: show me...

I'm not atheist but in the bible it says nothing about god being a human or anything about him having magical powers I think god is a force that is connected to all living things minds and bodies that knows everything because it observes everything and watches over everything like a dog with her pups she makes them do what she wants and doesn't let them wonder off and about the kids in Africa it's not god it's the humans we could all come together and help Africa and give them food but there isn't enough people giving food not only in america all over the world.

That is the question that humans have been trying to answer since we gained the capacity for logical thought. Over the years our answers have resulted in theories, like the Big Band theory (Fred Hoyle) and other scientific based theories. Other answers include almost every religion ever created. Just because we don't know how we came to be, doesn't mean we have to create fairy tales about a man in the sky with a magic wand.

We just don't know, but maybe one day, if we try hard enough and listen to reason and logic, we just might find out.

I'd say if it's really troubling you, read some Steven Hawking or watch some of Brian Cox's programs.

That is the question that humans have been trying to answer since we gained the capacity for logical thought. Over the years our answers have resulted in theories, like the Big Bang theory (Fred Hoyle) and other scientific based theories. Other answers include almost every religion ever created. Just because we don't know how we came to be, doesn't mean we have to create fairy tales about a man in the sky with a magic wand.

truth is. nobody knows.. well possibly never know... but something created us here... and God wasnt it...

• H

What did the first organism evolve from?

• Don't worry about it too much!

I too stopped believing in God and now I just live a peaceful life and don't stress into thinking about things like this.

Source(s): me