Using the Conair Wet-Dry Hair Straightener on damp hair...?

I have this straightener and I have used it on my dry hair and it works fine. But now i wanna use it on my damp hair. I don't want it to be perfectly straight, just straighter than it is naturally because i have really wavy hair. So my question is will it damage my hair as much if I only go over it slightly... show more I have this straightener and I have used it on my dry hair and it works fine. But now i wanna use it on my damp hair. I don't want it to be perfectly straight, just straighter than it is naturally because i have really wavy hair. So my question is will it damage my hair as much if I only go over it slightly with the straightener? ( I know either way straighteners damage your hair )

Please don't tell me to get a "Chi straightener" or whatever. I already have a very good/expensive normal hair straightener.

Thanks in advance! PS: Nothing rude or mean please. :)