Is this a inappropriate comment/Joke?

This just happened..My Ex girlfriend, we are still friends, is Half Filipina and Chinese....She's been doing her laundry for like 3 hours now...We are texting eachother, i wanted to text her that she must be doing a lot of laundry, 'It must be the Chinese in you'...lol. But i didn't do it cause i Felt a little scared Id make her mad...Is that wrong even though I was just going to mess with her...

She lives alone so she shouldn't have that much laundry..?

She has a decent sense of humor. She gets my jokes, and definintely gives them out. But she is kinda sensitive girl when they are about her....We joke around though..But I wouldn't say she really makes fun of herself...

Favorite Answer

If you think it could offend her, don't do it. If she jokes about that, I think it would be alright though...

Don't do it until you know her well enough to know if she'll get offended. People react differently to certain types of humor and you might make her mad and mess up the relationship if she doesn't find it funny. I personally have thick skin and think it's hilarious when someone picks on me in jest because I like to dish it right back. Certain people don't appreciate dry, sarcastic humor though and they get offended...like my ex. He speaks English and Spanish and sometimes Spanish slips out more than the English does. ( I speak Spanish too so I understand it.) One day I made a joke about him being an illiterate f*ck who doesn't understand a lick of English. He didn't find it very funny and we got into a big fight over it and still, to this day, he doesn't like me. I, on the other hand, would have lmao is someone had said something like that to me. But the point is...be careful what you say. Until you know that certain topics are OK to joke around about, especially touchy ones like race, don't do it!

If she has a good sense of humor than yes but also you could joke then make fun of your self like Ex: "it might be the chinese in you, but then again I dont like doing much laundry so it must be the _____ in me lolololol"

If she has a good sense of humor...other wise I wouldn't go there lol but I seperate all of my laundry....So I have about 7 or 8 loads...which takes allllll day. I live alone (:

• that joke doesnt really make sense...

everyone does laundry and when i do mine it takes like a million hours cuz im too lazy to fold... dont hate :p

• Mark N

I agree with Emma, skip it unless you are SURE she has a good sense of humor

VERY INAPPROPRIATE!!! It is Absolutely;y none of your business what she does and how she does and how much laundry she has. And that is putting down her nationality. She may be pissed off at you. Wow, its a good thing you didn't send that text. I'd dump you flat!

If you guys have joked about that kind of stuff before, I'm sure it's fine. If not, and you know it will bug her, don't. Something tells me that she'll be ok w it. :)

I need a guy's perspective. Please answer mine:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aqbyt...

If she makes jokes about herself it would be funny and clever. If not, just dont.

Source(s): common sence