8 week old wont stop crying?

My baby has been up since 7 this morning & will not nap or sleep. She fell asleep for 5 mins earlier & that was it. She won't be soothed either. She is not normally a fussy baby at all. Nothing is calming her - diaper change, held, laying down, rocked, sung to... She's had 3 poopy diapers since last night which is VERY unusual for her & she has a slight cough. The only time she is content today is every other nursing session (the other ones she fusses thru). No fever, no gas even tho shes usually gassy, no formula. Do I need to take her to the doctor? im so worried for her bc she's not acting like herself and is miserable

Every once in awhile shell stop crying & smile or coo for a few mins buy then goes back to crying/screaming

This sounds EXACTLY like my baby last night. She's also about 8 weeks old (born Nov. 4th). I even cried I was so exhausted. I think that my baby is going through a growth spurt maybe? She was super fussy... screaming hysterically at times. She wanted to nurse all night and like you said, was sometimes fussy during nursing. She also had like 4 poopy diapers which usually she goes every other day. So it was really unusual. She was awake from 8pm-5am strait. She finally calmed down this morning and is now sleeping a lot (probably from being awake all night lol). I don't have much more advice other than if she doesn't calm down perhaps call up your pediatrician's office?

We have a Cavalier and he cried all night long the first night we had him. He was about 12-14 wks at that point - I can't remember exactly. A few things we did the next night, which helped: *We filled an empty 2-liter bottle with hot water, wrapped it tightly in a towel, and put that on the side of his crate *We put a blanket at the bottom *We gave him a stuffed animal *We created some sort of noise for him. A ticking clock might help. Our crate was in the laundry room, so we ran a load of clothes in the dryer and that seemed soothing to him It will get better as long as you don't give in and get him when he starts the crying.

Why don't you do the smart thing and not play with your child's life, I have a 7 month old and if he was doing that at 8 weeks and it was not normal or going through the purple phase, I would be in the ER so fast my head would swim. Your baby can not communicate with you so crying is what they are going to do, something is wrong with the baby if they will not stop crying, it is way to early for teething and from what you say its not constipation. I would call the doc first thing in the am, if you are really concerned like a good mother would be, head over to the ER they wont deny you and you will have your answer. Better safe than sorry :)

Source(s): Mother.
  • Jill

As others have said maybe that she is cutting a tooth. Some babies have pain for a month or so before the tooth comes through. And yes they can have them that young my daughter had her first about 12 weeks. But if in doubt get them checked out. It can't hurt. Oh and try to calm down yourself and not worry so much as they feed on it. Good luck

Yeh, just get her checked. If she's not acting normal, then thats a sign something isn't right. It could be just a tummy ache or she could be teething or something, but a doctor might be able to find the cause and/or recommend treatment or pain relief.

I would have her checked out for sure. She could be in pain depending on the cry. A mother knows her baby better than any one.

• XO

Offer the breast...again.

Get skin to skin with her. Jump in bed or on the couch with a book or movie and lay her on your bare chest, her in diaper on your chest.

Get in the shower with her. In my experience this works 100% of the time and will calm her enough so that she can nurse happily.

She could be cutting teeth or tummy is upset or more id take her to doctor or er if i was you