Silly question for guys?

Shy guys especially......

I asked a shy guy why he remembers all these little weird things about me....he laughed and said its because those goofy things are awesome....then got really quiet and mumbled that he only remembers things about people he cares about. He was really quiet and almost troubled (like frustrated?). I was trying to talk about it further but he huffed that he didn't want to talk about it and changed the subject and then was silly again after a few mins.

By his behavior - am I weird to think that his caring is in a more-than-a-friend way? Or not? Does he think that I don't like him or something? I was just curious because he's normally forgetful about stuff except when it comes to me. Please help me understand.

Favorite Answer

he likes you but it may not work out

He is totally in for you. He tries to leave some clues and stuff to you by mumbling words like what you said and telling you that he remembers things that happen to people he only care about. Deep inside, he's like "Y U NO GET IT?" Ha ha. He treats you not just as a friend but someone more than that. Don't be confused. Besides, you're a girl. Nothing to worry about.

Source(s): Uhmm.. it's actually what I do and say every time my crush and I are having a serious talk. Ha ha.

I would say give it more time, but if a guy remembers the little things about you, then yes that is a good sign that he may like you in a romantic sense. But it could also be a friendly sense.

Guys are very visual, even shy guys, so look to see if he stares at you. If he does, then yes, he likes you.

I would say that he likes you. Not all the time, but most of the time if a guy calls you to hang out and remembers little stuff like that about you he likes you. He just sounds really shy. I can relate somewhat. It is very difficult sometimes for guys to admit, especially if they are shy. There is a lot of pressure on guys to make the first move, he just may be hesitating and looking for you to hint back a little. So he doesn't look like a total creep if you don't like him. It is a difficult position.

He has already hinted to you, guys just don't normally say that stuff to girls unless they are gay. Stereotypical yes, but usually true.

Also, do you like him? It sounds like you might not be totally against the idea. Why not try it out. I am a shy guy, but once I get past that first stage of does she like me I am a lot more confident and sure of myself. But if you don't like him, let him know and save him a lot of heart ache. Just be very clear that it is never gonna happen, you might lose a friend, but I think it is only fair.

Source(s): Being a guy for 25 years.

well im shy and a guy, there's a strong possibility he does since he remembers little things about you. and reason he mumbled and got nervous was he probably did get uhh nervous around you and doesnt wanna say anything stupid that will make you mad or make you think hes weird i . i remember little things about people i have known for a while and even for a short bit

Source(s): shy guy

I think he likes you, but you won't know for sure unless he says so.

I'm assuming he's young, probably very young. Do you like him, too? Maybe you could take the first step by being a little - *little* - more flirtatious. Obviously he's not used to aggressiveness. Maybe he gets intimidated easily - he sounds really shy. Being more forward with him might bring out the man in him. haha.

If you don't like him that way, then just let him be. He'll have to man up or get over it himself :/ unfortunately.

I think the consensus here is that he likes you. At the very least, he really cares about you :)

Source(s): experiences from wayyy back when...

He definitely cares for you in a more-than-a-friend way. I'm a pretty shy dude too and talking to a girl I like just completely shuts my brain off. He's probably just really nervous when he's trying to show you that he likes you. He's probably anxious about whether or not you like him too. Idk all the details of the situation you are in but if you like him you need to let him know so. That will make him feel much more comfortable around you if he knows that.

Source(s): I've been in his position myself many times.

"because goofy things are awesome" *means what it sounds like it means* "Then got really quiet and mumbled that he only remembers things about people he cares about" *means he likes you alot, enough to care about the seemingly insignificant goofy things you do that don't impress most people but is too shy to outright ask you out on a date because he thinks you might turn him down and it would kill him*.

He likes you. I think you like him too because your taking the time to ask other guys on the internet what he meant. If you didn't like him I don't think you would bother.

You can try asking him if he likes you, but he might be too shy to say a clean yes.

You could hint that you like him too, that might help.

It depends on how old you two are as well. You could ask him out on a date or ask if he'd like to take you somewhere, but make sure to drop a couple obvious hints about whether you mean just friends or possible romance.

I bet if you could say "hey so would you like to take me out somewhere tonight" with a smile, you'll blow his mind. A shy guy's DREAM is the girl they like coming to them.

Source(s): Being a shy guy

he likes you. Or atleast cares a LOT about you. more then others. Im a really shy person. me and my bestfriend have so many memories and i remmeber every detail of everyone. Because shes one of the people i care about most.Because i really liked her. he got all mumbly and "frusturated" because he doesnt think you like him back and didnt want it to be awkward so he was just eager to change the topic. maybe hell tell you in his own time. but id confront him about it.

Source(s): Life. Me and my best friend

i need to tell you that i was that guy once but that girl helped me out of the shell .. it's been a year since that happened and now i see that i am confident, not afraid of anything, and now i am helping others instead of needing some help ... so you need to tell him to stop changing the subject and keep trying to get into his heart (as a friend or more) and yes he does like you more than anything else in his life but he just can't act anyway! .. it's your move that's going to change everything!

• ?

He REALLY likes you. It about broke his teeth to say the bit about what and who he remembered. And once it was out - psychologically he ran for cover. Right now he doesn't know if you like him or not - he's playing mental games with himself - "I think she might like me, because X. Then again, I think that's probably my imagination. Oh, crap, I wish I knew." On and on and on and on again. So what should you do? If you like him give him some encouragement. Put your hand on his arm (touches are always sexy) and say, "George, I really like talking to you." "George, you make me feel good when we're together like this." Something of that nature.

Good luck and have a great New Years Day and a super 2012.