Is it possible for a FHA home loan to become un-finalized after closing is completed?

Three months after my closing, I received a phone call stating that the bank miscalculated closing cost and it showed "FHA" that I was twenty-seven dollars short. Now a bank representative is claiming that since they made this error the mortgage company who has purchased my loan will no longer accept it... show more Three months after my closing, I received a phone call stating that the bank miscalculated closing cost and it showed "FHA" that I was twenty-seven dollars short. Now a bank representative is claiming that since they made this error the mortgage company who has purchased my loan will no longer accept it because it is no longer insurable because of the twenty-seven dollars. So with all of that being said, the lender is claiming that they are going to take back the loan, refinance my mortgage and re-do closing...all of this coming three months after the original close. Something about this does not sit well with me and I am unsure if this is the correct information or if this is something that happens often.