Whoop asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

People dying their hair?

What do you think of people dying their hair? Do you agree that natural is better or that their is nothing wrong with experimenting with hair colors? My hair is naturally light brown but I've dyed it blonde for my job and I think its 100% fine but many people I know think its too fake (especially dying your hair blonde for some odd reason).

I model and I had to dye my hair blonde for a campaign and I liked it enough that I kept it :)

Favorite Answer

Dying your hair blonde has this horrible connotation because people associate it with the stereotypical ditz who tans way too much to the point that she's orange, and bleaches her hair out and gets the boob job, because that's what she thinks is pretty. That's why people think it's fake.

I think that going TOO blonde can LOOK fake, because for some people you can just OBVIOUSLY tell that they aren't meant to be blonde, and you can easily tell that they dyed their hair. However, that is not true for all people. Some people who dye their hair blonde look totally natural and can pull it off. I just believe that people need to know what their limit is and how blonde is too blonde for them.

But, me saying that it LOOKS fake, is different than saying that someone IS fake, you know what I mean? So I'm not saying that you look fake either, just that some girls do. Dying overall though tends to have a negative connotation, because people think you should just like yourself for who you are and not try to change yourself and that it's fake, blah blah blah. I used to dye my hair all the time, and no one ever had a problem with it. I never did. The only reason I stopped was because it was unhealthy for my hair. If it wasn't unhealthy? I would definitely still be doing it.

I think it is okay to experiment. There are way worse things people could go out and try! I have dark, dark blonde hair naturally but I lighten it to light blonde. I like blonde hair but I also feel bad leaving my natural hair. So I guess there are some mixed feelings personally. I know my hair would be way smoother if I hadn't done so much dying. I still have nothing against dying one's hair, but I think people look best when they try to keep it reasonable. I don't really care if people do weird things with their hair color (or hairstyle) because 1) it's their choice and 2) it's entertaining.

Out of curiousity, what sort of job do you have that you'd be asked to dye your hair? Just seems like a kind of strange thing to ask of an employee.

Ahh I know what you mean with the whole blonde thing. You dye your hair brown, and people are like awww you look cute, you dye your hair blonde and everyone thinks you're trying too hard.

I personally like dyed hair if it looks natural. Also, I am a dirty blonde and am looking to getting it dyed a lighter colour. I think it is fine, but not when people with black/brown hair get like weird strips of blonde (not highlights, more like...strips).

Also, no stupid neon hair unless it is professional. I can see yo roots gurl!

Source(s): me

It's your hair. You can color it whatever you please, as long as it doesn't go against your employer's dress code. If someone assumes something stereotypical about you because of the hair color you have, or discriminates against you, then they have a problem. Make sure when you buy hair color or have highlights done, that you get the right kind of color. Some people can't wear "golden blonde" color and some can't wear "ash blonde" color, for example. And avoid platinum blonde like the plague.

I'm a brunet with auburn overtones and I went through a phase where I dyed it dark auburn because I wanted to. Some people liked it, some people didn't, and that didn't matter to me one bit.

Yes in today's context people normally dye their hair according to their style. natural is always better as cost and time is saved but its up to us to choose dye or not. choosing dye according to face tone directly affects the hair color and make you look more natural. try best colors that suits you.From your question i come to know that u have dyed blonde, did you try other type of colors? Choose the one that suits your skin tone which will enhance your face and make you look more beautiful. tc

What ppl don't know won't hurt them. Just don't let your real hair color show or your blonde to fade and wave high to your haters