I need some serious SERIOUS advice?

I am 18 years old. I have been in a relationship with a man that is 37 years old for 2 years now. We didn't have sex before me turning 18. We met online and he travels for work. I live with my mother in Texas. The entire relationship he's flies to see me at least 3 times a month.Takes me out, shows me new things, spends sweet and innocent quality time with me. And I've gone to see him a few times when i could. I know young people tend to say this alot, but we have a legitimate relationship and love each other very, very much. I graduated high school earning my Diploma and got into work as soon as school was out. I'm looking forward to going to college. Education is everything now. He's very successful, financially independent, college educated, street smart, outgoing and spontaneous, caring and loving, respectful, and everything else a man should be. He treats me like a queen, yet pushes me to do things at the best of my ability. He is no way a threat to me, has never done anything to hurt me physically or mentally.

I recently told my mother about this relationship and my intentions to move in with him and start school in his location (Hawaii). She told me she does and will not give her blessings and forbids me to see him. Which I understand why she might feel that way.

But the question is, with me being 18 and it being MY relationship, can she really hold me back from him? Would it be wrong if I did what I planned on doing, which is be with him?

Please give me some serious answers, this is an urgent situation and we don't know what to do :/

Best Answer

Listen, if you want to be with the man you love, go ahead. You're 18 - you're fully grown. Be with whoever you want. Your mother can't control all of your actions. I know what she's thinking (your man is too old). Let me tell you this: he does sound like he loves you, so just go and follow him.

Honestly, if he's a 37 year old man, dating an 18 year old, he isn't mature. No offense to you, but that's pathetic on his behalf. He needs to get someone his own age, as do you. You are both in 2 completely different times in your lives and your both going to want to experience different things. I think its best that you move on.

Remember that your mother is just trying to do what's best for you, and is probably just a little bit freaked out by the time gap. Try to wait a little bit longer and move in after the two meet. Even if in the end your mom does not agree, it is still your life, not hers.

You're 18 & can legally do what you want. Make sure school is in your plan & don't let your relationship get in the way or this will be one of your biggest mistakes. If your b/f has a good job & is planning on paying your way through school, take advantage of it. Good luck.

Just do what your heart desires and follow it. Your mother isn't the one who is going to spend the rest of her days with him, it's you. If he's everything then go for him.

You are now an adult so your mother can't tell you who to date. She just doesn't want you dating an older man. It's not wrong and it's your choice who you want to be with, not your mothers.

Remember he's

Old and ur young so u might not be able to do many things with him like clubbing and stuff.

You can learn photography together, but no other thing comes to my mind