statues on easter island?

I am writing an art report and need to figure common questions about the statues on Easter Island.

to ellen: no.

Favorite Answer

Aliens made them.

Why is that island called Easter? Does it have anything to do with the Christian holiday? Are those statues representing gods or are they depictions of ancestors? Are the statues made of local rock or did the sculptors import it from far away?

• Lisa B

I'm not sure what your question means, but people are trying to give you examples of "common questions." Maybe you could explain better what you need.

I have seen questions about the so-called top-knot decorations that used to sit on top of the statues, but I think all have by now fallen off. They are made of a different kind of rock. This is at least a little art-related.

How did they get there

What happened to the islands inhabidents did they leave or die off due to in fighting

Be sure to address how they got there and whom they are suppose to resemble.

Are they modeled on specific people?