Tattoo scab bleeding ?

my tattoo is a butterfly & is almost done peeling the middle is scabbed but this morning its bleeding a little bit , what should i so? & under the scab the ink is a little grey

Favorite Answer

Leave it alone as much as possible. If you've got any antibiotics laying around, they'll help it heal. Amoxicillin will work wonders. I take it morning and night every time I get some extensive work done, or when I think I might be at risk of an infection. It's just a precaution. It will probably heal up just fine on it's own, so don't freak out or anything. After it's healed up, let your artist evaluate it. It may need a slight touch-up sitting, but don't sweat it, it's free and we're used to it. Take care.

Source(s): I'm a professional tattoo artist, 9 yrs.

If its bleeding u can gently blot it but DO NOT PICK at it. Just let it harden and heal/fall off on its own. And pulling could result in ink loss and the gray is just a haze that happens when your tattoo is healing. Once you start applying lotion the haze will start to go away.

Source(s): I've many a tattoo