Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 9 years ago

which country in europe is closest to india?

I am planning to travel to paris..Wanted to know which is the closest european country so that i can take a flight there..and then take the euro rail to paris...can anyone please advise.?

Favorite Answer

Flying to Greece and travel from there will NOT be cheaper, it will be way more expensive. And there are no or little train connections between Greece and most of Europe, so you would have to take a ferry which is extra expensive.

I think you best go to a travel agency near you and talk over what the options are from your part of India, likely it will be cheapest to fly direct to Paris, or to have one stop in an other European country and fly on from there. Taking a train is almost always way more expensive.

And shorter flights are not always cheaper, often they are even more expensive.

• alan P

Cyprus is an island with no direct rail links. You could try flying from India to Greece but it won't necessarily be the cheapest connection. Greece to Paris is a long and tiring rail journey.

Adding to what someone else said I know there have been some protests in Greece recently but in general it's a reasonably safe country and I would not be afraid to go

Dear friend, I would really advise you to go straight to Paris, if you want to get there. Traveling by rail will cost you fortune. Say that a train in France itself may cost you even 100 Euro.

Still, if you want train, the closest city will be Sofía (Bulgaria), Athens (Greece) or (Bucharest) Romania.

I recommend you Greece or Bulgaria. They are full of ancient architecture. Greece has its immortal Parthenon and in Bulgaria there is the eldest city in Europe, Plovdiv. Unfortunately Greece is very dangerous at the moment. On the other hand in Bulgaria less people speak English except for Info-point. you will have to compromise.

Alternatively you can try Moscow which has direct connection with Paris (https://www.russiantrains.com/) which will cost you around $500.

Source(s): General knowledge

Romania - the city: Bucharest (the capital) - from this city, you can find daily low-cost flight to Paris or Lyon (Blue Air, Wizz Air, ...)

I agree, the train from eastern Europe to Paris = time waste + a lot of money!

I HAVE SAME QUESTION AS KIDS TROUBLE A LOT IN FLIGHT SO I A ALSO SEARCHING NEAREST EUROPEAN COUNTRY TO CATCH TRAIN TO PARIS.....

Greece

Cyprus