Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 9 years ago

RPG-wise: PSP, XBOX360, PS2?

I need to get your opinion on what is better game-wise (I only play RPGs and visual novels): PSP, XBOX360, or a PS2. I'm afraid that if I get a PS2 there won't be any more games released on it because it seems that the game-creation for PS2 is going downhill. However, do you think the Xbox and the psp will soon end their regime as well?

I'm not considering the exact number of games, but the quality as well.

I like RPGs with intricate plots, well-made characters; not the type where it's all grinding for level ups. That bores me.

Oh, and I also don't care about the price. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

PSP and PS2 are both being phased out very soon whilst Xbox is going to last a while yet, as for RPG's on PSP you can get Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Final Fantasy VII, etc on PS2 you can get Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts etc on Xbox you can get Skyrim, Oblivion, Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock (not an RPG but has one of the best plots and stories ever told in any media), Borderlands, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age etc so I'd go Xbox because it has a lot of great games and will stay current for a while yet only thing it lacks is Kingdom Hearts and good Final Fantasy games

BTW if you are going to get Skyrim which in my opinion is the best game released in a very long time get it for Xbox or PC because it is less buggy on those, has better graphics, better framerate as well as the fact that it was developed on Xbox

• waltz

despite the fact that the guy above me lacks grammatical grace, I concur with the PS3 commentary. As an RPG gamer for many of my existence, i will inform you that the PS3 is a lot extra effective to the different gadget on the marketplace for RPG and entertainment gadget desires. additionally, the DS at present has some incredibly kick-*** RPGs, in case you will get your palms on a variety of. yet, i will nevertheless play alongside of direction. :) i assume you advise RPGs and not MMORPGs due on your commentary on international of Warcraft, so here's a small compilation of what i've got performed those days. For laptop: final Remnant - So-so, i'm waiting for the PS3 version to end it simply by predicted superiority so some distance as photos and insect fixes circulate. For PSP: very final Fantasies - Play them kthx. have not performed lots on the PSP at present nonetheless there are a number of different sturdy ones. For PS2: Shin Megami Tensei: character 4 - large existence sim and turn-based wrestle activity. Shin Megami Tensei: character 3 FES - comparable, albeit slightly darker and older than 4. Mana Khemia - no longer a bad one. For XBOX360: eternal Sonata - remarkable activity, despite the fact that I did play it on the PS3, no longer the 360. Fallout 3 - astounding Bethesda paintings, performs like Oblivion, despite the fact that returned I performed the PS3 version, no longer 360. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - comparable. For Wii: Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility - no count if or no longer you have performed one till now, the Harvest Moon video games are very exciting (and particular, slightly cutesy lol). Madworld - effective touch of gore for the Wii. Sorry my checklist isn't as finished as i might like, yet please do be happy to touch me further for extra. I gotta skeedaddle!

If your not worried about price go get a ps3 and try DC Universe and Skyrim are both awesome.

Other than that I enjoyed final fantasy on ps2...

The PSP might be right up your alley. The PS3 also has some good RPG's for you if you look for them.