What has happened to music ?

i'm 13 by the way and i listen to old music thanks to my family and have seen old top of the pops.

Music has stopped being about actually being able to sing and more about looks. It is all edited now making a singer sound very good. then the singers have the nerve to mime. People should only be in the music business if they can sing not sing because they had their voice edited. What happened to people loving music more than anything not having all the fancy lighting and firework things. Music should come from the heart it should not be about being famous or rich. I write my own songs and have been told i can sing. I love the buzz i get when i sing as i have no confidence since i was 6 when i was a fearless little girl. I never hesitate if somebody wants to listen to me.

I was told top of the pops was stopped as people were asking for too much money.

Music should be about the music

also just to add i hate music of today i listen to taylor swift and odd songs from years back i like songs with stories i prefer to avoid chart music club music is stupid and i like to actually hear words being sung

Favorite Answer

I'm a 14 , like you i listen to old music like : The Beatles, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Queen and so on. I also wonder what's happening, i mean like you say music should be about the music. This days it's all about the looks and how the media put's 'artists' in the spotlight. What's music these days, an orgasm with a beat put on to it, that's music these days. Ok, some artists from now i like, but it isn't like the 60's or the 70's, music used to be beautiful in my opinion. Just telling you, music has become crap, but seriously bad. Just make sure you don't quit your own thing, i'm in a small band, sing and play guitar. But me, i have no self confidence because i always think that, what i want to bring to the people, is not what people want to hear. I agree with you and just don't quit your own thing (:

To quote one of the people responsible for the trend, it's all about the Benjamins. (I'm not calling a 13 year old 'baby', not even tangentially.)

Music has become less about having something to say, or wanting to prove something about your talent, and more about making the "PHAT STAKCS" that all the current pop stars seems to be obsessed with. Money, women, and crime. That is what they think we want. So that is what we get.

And unfortunately, for most people your age (Hell, for most people MY age!), that is all they want. Vapid lyrics, substance-less music, and a rhythm that BUMP-BUMP-BUMPS so loudly you can't hear anything else. This is why music has gone downhill - because the Sheeple will buy it, no matter how cheaply made it is.

I agree with you it really shouldn't be about girls, money, etc. But honest to god I just think it's more fun to listen to rather than just hear some guitar and just a voice it would be more fun to listen to all those awesome err "beats" in the backround, I find it totally fine you listen to old songs. But people just have their own tastes, Ya know? =3

OH, and not all songs are like that it's just that the song writers that write good songs not just focusing on girls,money,sex,and stuff like that just aren't famous yet, sadly.

• Jack.P

Yeah i'm 12 and I love michael jackson :)