Anonymous

Major Finance, Minor Political Sc.? Financial Acc ? Maths?

Hello,

Here is my situation. I am final year student with a low GPA (2.7) in a B. of Commerce majoring in Finance. I do not know in which field of finance I would like to go in. I feel that having a large view on the world may be valuable. I understand that Finance employers care about GPA.

Political Science ? I have a strong desire for political cultures and I definitely would like to have more knowledge in that field. Moreover, I have read that "your minor" might define your personality and make you "unique" and is a strong help for the employer to have view of yourself. A total of 24 credits, equally proportional to my finance major (Non Business Major).

Financial Accounting. 3 class of Financial Accounting and another in taxation. It gives the chance to re-take "low grade class" in order to increase my GPA. It will last equally to political science major.

Maths ? Very orientated Investment Maths. 8 classes (proportionally equal to my major). However, it takes 1 semester more than Political Sc. or Accounting minor. Finally, there is a strong potential of "a low increase in GPA". This minor will be seen as "surpassing" / "overcome" my average mathematical skills (as 95% student in Bachelors of Commerce).

I am undergraduate, my study will last 4 years and half for Political and Financial Accounting minor, and 5 years for the Maths minor.

Your answer will probably not be my final decision. However, I will take in account for the choice and let you know.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Johnny Wilkinson.

Favorite Answer

Good luck getting an analyst position as janeroth2 recommended. You need a much higher GPA than that (3.6+). Look more for a position as a Financial Advisor or Broker if you are good at sales and care about people.

it extremely is rather what i think of of: Minors prepare your interest, so particular a waste of time. A finance significant would desire to by potential of no potential p.c.. a math minor for something. And civil engineering has no longer something to do with finance.

CPA, Financial Analyst, Computer Science all are great.

Source(s): Staffing expert in NYC.