New boyfriend has a profile on Plenty of Fish?

I met my boyfriend about 2 months ago and we're now in a relationship - mutual agreement after he asked me twice and calls me girlfriend so that's what makes me think we are. He also asked me if he's the only one and I said yes. He's also the only one in my life currently as I take this serious.

I found out that he has a profile on this dating website that states that he's single and he also isn't keen to change his FB relationship status from single to 'in a relationship' or at least get rid of the 'single' status. Also, he met most of my friends but I only know his mum and his bro and his friends whom I met the night we met. And I only met his mum and brother accidentally.

So... I don't really know whether he's just playing with me and waiting until he finds someone better or what is going on... Any ideas / advice how to handle that?

Right now I'm not really keen to put much effort into this relationship because of the above. Can't really tell him that I found out about his profile on this website either!

@Amy: How should I tell him that I found his profile on Plenty of Fish?? In regards to the Facebook status, I pointed it out twice and the first time he ignored it and the second time he said he doesn't know how to change it and I was joking and said, yes, not really important and it was obviously a joke from my side but all he said was "yeah **** it".

Thanks guys! He wasn't on this dating website for a while and I just checked again and saw that he was online again today. He's looking for a long term relationship on there. I don't think he's a player but because of the relationship thingy it's just so damn hard to trust him!

Favorite Answer

This isn't a relationship. You both HAVE NO TRUST (this is including you, since you probably found his profile on the site). If you "think" you're together, but don't know for sure.. this is NOT a good sign. If he was interested in you, he'd make it official and not be on some dating website. Don't put any effort into it because this isn't a relationship. He also wouldn't be hiding you, either.

Stop defending him and move on. It's a waste of time.

• M

He may have not used the profile in a long time, I had the same thing happen to me a while ago. Probably isn't using it anymore, and just forgot to close it.

But about not changing his status to in a relationship, that worries me more. I think you need to have a heart to heart with him about that.

Doesn't sound to me like he is totally committed to you. All I can suggest is that you need to look deep into yourself and see what you feel comfortable with. I would certainly make sure your FB showed Single as long as he was doing it, so can you. If he has an account on POF, I would definitely not consider you together. This is disrepectful to you and you should not put up with this behavior. Hope this helps...

- Relationship, MD

If he's not ready to fully commit to something as mundane as a facebook status, he's probably not that into you. Sorry =(

Ask him to take it down...

If you're in a relesonship then he shouldn't be on a website that singles can try and contact him to get in a relesonship...