Are the "Fake Casting Agent" scams legal?

A girl from school got caught up into one of these scams and that video is all over these x-rated sites. She wasn't paid a dime, but the con artist is making $ off of it... I'm not sure if she knows about this yet, and IDK if I should be the one to tell her... but can she take legal action against the man... show more A girl from school got caught up into one of these scams and that video is all over these x-rated sites. She wasn't paid a dime, but the con artist is making $ off of it... I'm not sure if she knows about this yet, and IDK if I should be the one to tell her... but can she take legal action against the man tricked her into doing this?

....

For those of you who don't know what the fake casting agent scam is:

The confidence artist poses as a casting agent for some adult movie company. He invited the mark (usually a girl) to his office to make a photo shoot and interview. He tells the mark that if she wants to work in the adult industry, he will have to make a casting video with her, usually involving sexual acts. After that, she will be handed a contract and is told she will receive payment in the coming weeks, but the contract is never issued - the con will give time reasons as an excuse, etc.