Third date.. Who should pay?

I've gone out with this amazing guy twice already and it seems that we both enjoy the company.. We are going to te third date today...( skating and dinner) .. This was his suggestion. Every time we've gone out He pays for the dinner and the activity (although I do show that I would like to at least pay... show more I've gone out with this amazing guy twice already and it seems that we both enjoy the company.. We are going to te third date today...( skating and dinner) .. This was his suggestion.
Every time we've gone out He pays for the dinner and the activity (although I do show that I would like to at least pay for my part, but I don't really insist on it) Don't get me wrong, It feels great that he cares and wants to pay for me, but I don't want him to spend to much on me.. (I mean he spends a lot of money every time) I want to show that I am too independent but still appreciate his attention. How? any advice?
by the way, we are both university students so not really big on finances