Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 8 years ago

How do you pronounce, "drawer"?

Favorite Answer

Dude, how did you get 40 stars and 67 answers??

And I pronounce it as "droh-ar"

Like Artist Drawer or Dresser Drawer?

Artist - Draw-er

Dresser- Droor

The word "drawer" can be pronounced one of two ways (in General American) depending on which meaning one wishes to convey. The first meaning is that of a small piece of furniture used for storing things and is pronounced "drawr" (IPA: drɔr). The second meaning is that of a person who draws and it pronounced "draw-er" (IPA: ˈdrɔ'ər).

Draw-er

Draw-- as in (I like to draw the apple)

er-- as in (The Drawer was very good at her job)

Say Draw than add er

(Drawer) It really don't have a way to say it people say it different from where they come from. Im from down south so I have a little country accent when I say it. and people from up north and the west have there on way to say it to.

Source(s): It really matters where you come from

Like this. Drawer

I pronounce it kinda like "droor" - like door but with an extra R at the beginning, but I've heard different pronunciations :P drohr might be a better way of attempting to spell it how I say it, but like I said I've heard some different pronunciations :).

I pronounce it "droar"...the letter d with the word roar. Like a lion will roar. If a person is from another area of the world with an accent, they may pronounce it a little different. Hope I helped. :)

• Equal the Draw

Source(s): Download Free or buy the best 3D Models of the world http://buy3d.blogspot.com/ High And Low Poly,Some animated, All textured, many available formats.

Draw-er

I say draws instead of drawers. I have a country accent. The black kind of country accent.

I'm from California and I pretty much pronounce it just like it looks "draw-er"