Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Do you prefer male or female dogs as pets? Ditto with cats & rabbits? Which gender & why? I prefer males, you?

I mean, I find male pets to be more relaxed, affectionate and playful than females. The females tend to be more aloof and irritable. Of course, this isn't true for all males, but overall, my experience has been better with male dogs, cats and rabbits. What about yours?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

I've had both male and female dogs...I don't have a preference, although my females have been more moody and more likely to have an "attitude"...my current dog is a female and I adore her...she appears to be quite fond of me also...

I can't have cats, and aren't interested in rodents or other small animals anymore...just dogs... ☺

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I don't have a preference. When I was younger, my mother owned a female Amstaff mix and that dog was my partner in crime.. I now have a male Rottweiler and he's awesome too. I'm not a cat person and I don't have any experience with rabbits so I can't really answer that. lol

• 3 years ago

female yet do no longer overlook to spay @6 months. I certainly have 2 women folk and that i've got been given my Chihuahua after she had her first warmth or menstruation. She is often attempting to hump my different female terrier. My adverse (spayed)terrier does not be attentive to what's erroneous together with her and purely play bites at her to get her off. Male dogs are so candy and maintaining yet you won't be able to decide for a walk without combating to him sniffing or marking each and every thing in sight. Your walk would be provide up, go, provide up, go so on and so on. I took care of a male and he tried to hump each and every thing, even the sofa. He additionally chased each and every female dogs interior of sniffing distance whilst on walks. i'd pick a female any day;)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I have a male cat and a female dog... I've read somewhere that male CATS are more affectionate than female cats... i guess that's true for my cat :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I like male pets. The reason why is, male pets are easyer to train. Plus, you wont have to worry about it giving birth. I have to male pets... One of them is a dog, the other is a turtle... I love them both!!!!!!

• Tide
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

i prefer male dogs and female cats because i see cats as being more feminine and i see dogs as being butch

• 8 years ago

I've had both and I don't mind either. I have loved them both the same.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I honestly prefer neither, they are equal in my mind.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.