Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Can you name some bands from the following countries?

France

Italy

Russia

Ukraine

Germany

BQ: Favorite band that speaks a different language than english?

BQ2: Favorite band from your state/region?

Live it up friends xx

Update:

You can include solo artists too

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not just bands, but artists in general (staying away from classical, though... too easy)

France: Edith Piaf, Barbara, Jean Ferrat, Juliette Greco, Francoise Hardy, Camille, Yelle, Marie Laforet, Boris Vian, Chantal Goya, Jacques Dutronc, Serge Gainsbourg, Renaud, etc... Jacques Brel is Belgium, but made his name in France and is probably the most legendary (and best) French singer.

Italy: Katyna Ranieri, Nora Orlandi, Nico Fidenco, Piero Piccioni...

Russia: t.A.T.u, Glukoza, Planka, Victoria Dayneko... I think Vitas was born in Latvia, but he's made his name in Russia. Murat Nasyrov is from Kazakhstan, but started his career in Russia.

Ukraine: Nikita (all I know, coz I wanna fux Dasha Astafieva)

Germany: Marlene Dietrich, Kraftwerk, Reinhard Mey, Kurt Weill/Bertolt Brecht, Tangerine Dream, Hildegard Knef, Ute Lemper, Can, Faust, etc...

BQ: Tough, as there are many. My absolute favs would be Jacques Brel and Sigur Ros/Jonsi, but I'd also list Edith Piaf, Marlene Dietrich, Falco, Hakan Hellstrom, Jean Ferrat, Ewa Demarczyk, and Anna Jarvinen among my favorite artists.

BQ2: Probably either Third Eye Blind or early Sylvester (when it was Sylvester & the Hot Band and a cross between southern soul and glam rock, before the disco age).

• 8 years ago

France: fago.sepia

Italy: Il Tempio Delle Clessidre

Russia: The Re-Stoned

Germany: Colour Haze, Bohren & der Club of Gore, Grandloom, Vibravoid, Brainticket, Can

BQ: Sigur Rós

BQ2: Galaxie 500

• David
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

I'm going to assume that solo artists are acceptable. Bearing that in mind:

France: I could provide a very long list, as I was born in France and used to live there. However, I'll assume you meant rock bands active during the last three decades, in which case Trust (Telephone/heavy metal), Téléphone (rock), Noir Désir (alternative), Bérurier Noir (punk/hardcore), and Indochine (rock) are probably the best known and most commercial successful.

Italy: One of the few Italian singers with which I'm at all familar is Zucchero (the Italian word for "Sugar").

Russia and the Ukraine: nobody springs to mind, admittedly.

Germany: While I'm not familiar with artists who sing in German, the Scorpions were hugely successful back in the eighties singing in English. "Love at First Sting" is one of the all-time great hard rock albums, IMHO.

BQ: I'll go with Malicorne, a French band that combined elements of Renaissance and Medieval folk with rock and roll. Easily one of my favorite bands.

BQ2: Well, I live in New Jersey... perhaps Patti Smith.

EDIT: @ Karla, I like your answer and gave it a thumb up, but FYI Plastic Bertrand is Belgian.

• Erika
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

us of a Alice Cooper Blue Öyster Cult Deep pink The Jimi Hendrix journey Mountain Canada The wager Who Into Eternity Martyr Our female Peace Rush England Black Sabbath Led Zeppelin Placebo Porcupine Tree The Rolling Stones Australia Hoodoo professionals Hunters & creditors hour of darkness Oil Radio Birdman Billy Thorpe (& The Aztecs) Germany Blind mum or dad Can Helloween Oomph! Warlock Brazil Sepultura

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

France - Heldon , Téléphone, Leitmotiv , Bérurier Noir

Italy - Lacuna Coil

Russia - Leningrad

Germany - Kraftwerk , Kollektiv ,Amon Düül II , Harmonia , Faust , German Oak , Kraan , Popol Vuh ,La Düsseldorf

BA : Kraftwerk

BA2 : Negură Bunget (Romania)

oh , my bad. sorry ! removed it

thanks David

:)

• 8 years ago

Russia: t.A.T.u Germany: Tokio Hotel, Rammstein BQ: Kerli (estonian), t.A.T.u, and Ancafe (japanese) BQ2: Bag of Donuts (N.O.LA)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.