Trouble with 2005 Nissan Sentra, possibly swirl control valve?

About a month and a half ago my service engine soon light came on in my car. I ran the self diagnostic test on it, where you turn the car on and wait 3 seconds, then pump the accelerator pedal five times, then wait 7 seconds, then depress the accelerator for 10 seconds. The light started blinking and gave me this code: 1130, which apparently means Swirl Control Valve Control Solenoid Valve. I read that this code could mean low coolant. So I checked the coolant and sure enough it was running a little low. I bought new coolant and added it in, after a few days the light went off and I thought everything was ok. Well a week ago the light came back on, so I've just been waiting for a good time to get it checked out (my father owns the car so I have to get his approval before taking it in to get fixed). So I was driving on the freeway the other day and the SES light was still on and while I was driving all my gauges twitched and the turned off. The gas gauge fell to empty, the mph gauge fell to the max, and the SES light went off, however my radio still worked and the car still ran just fine. So I pulled over to the side of the road and checked the coolant level again. It seemed to have gone down more than it should have within a month, which leads me think that there may be a coolant leak somewhere? The coolant decreased by about 1/3 of the distance between the max and min markers. I ran the diagnostic pedal thing again and the light blinked this code to me 1133 which isn't even a Nissan code, but it was pretty close to the original swirl control valve code. So any help out there as to what I should do next or what is wrong with my car? Refilling the coolant worked at first, but since I refilled it the second time the SES light came on, the light hasn't gone back off. How much coolant could be used up within a month? I haven't seen anything wet spots under my car, so is it really a leak? Why did all my gauges lose power like that while I was driving? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

• Tony
    Favorite Answer

check your gas cap