?
? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 8 years ago

What do you think of these names for brothers?

I am not expecting, just collecting

James Michael

Nicholas David

Christopher Scott

Thomas Owen

What do you think of them individually and together? Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Just out of curiousity, do you have any nicknames picked out for these names?

James Michael - 8/10 - As you have probably noticed before, I love your son's name (he's adorable, by the way). =) James is one of those short and simple names that is commonly used as a middle name, and it's so refreshing to hear it being used as a first name. This name holds a lot of class, value, and it ages nicely too. Michael is a wonderful middle name, sounds just right, and it flows wonderfully with James.

Nicholas David - 8/10 - Nicholas is another favorite of mine. It's a very solid and strong name, one that isn't used as much in 2011 as it has been in previous years. I love the nicknames Cole, Nick, and Nicky, but Nicholas is just fine on its own. It's a timeless name that will never go out of style. David is one of my favorite middle names because it reminds me a sweet, caring man who loves life and enjoys every second of it.

Christopher Scott - 10/10 - I love the name Christopher! It's my third favorite name on my list, and I would like to use it on my future son. It may be a little on the long side, but it's classical, cute, strong, masculine, and just an all-around package in everything you could ever want with a name. Scott is the perfect compliment to Christopher because it's short and the balance and blend between them is fantastic.

Thomas Owen - 7/10 - Thomas is very underused as a first name, and I love that you're using it as one. It has a dominant presence in comparison to both names, which is a good thing because he won't get mixed up with any of the trendy, made-up names. Thomas is nice, solid, respectable, and is a name fitting for any personality. Owen, on the other hand, doesn't flow well with Thomas and the two clash pretty hard.

As Brothers - 9/10 - All of the names flow wonderfully together. Each name is masculine, strong, handsome, charming, sophisticated, traditional, timeless, and unbelievabley adorable. The only name that doesn't quite fit is Owen, which is too popular and modern compared to the other names. If you like that, you should keep it. You would have James, Nicholas, Christopher, and Thomas. Wow, those are great names for boys of any age that flow super well! It sounds like your sons have all the potential in the world to become wonderful young men. =)

~

Middle name suggestions for Thomas (if you're open to them):

-- Thomas Adam

-- Thomas Andrew

-- Thomas Benjamin

-- Thomas Bradley

-- Thomas Charles

-- Thomas Daniel

-- Thomas Elijah

-- Thomas Gabriel

-- Thomas Gregory

-- Thomas Henry

-- Thomas Isaiah

-- Thomas Jacob

-- Thomas Jared

-- Thomas John

-- Thomas Jonathan

-- Thomas Joseph

-- Thomas Joshua

-- Thomas Kenneth

-- Thomas Kevin

-- Thomas Luke

-- Thomas Matthew

-- Thomas Nathaniel

-- Thomas Patrick

-- Thomas Paul

-- Thomas Richard

-- Thomas Robert

-- Thomas Samuel

-- Thomas Sean

-- Thomas William

-- Thomas Zachary

They all sound very nice together, but they're really dull and very dated IMPO.

My favorite is Thomas Owen, only because of Owen though.

James Michael 3/10, it's a cute name but very generic and typical. Better suited for a kid born in the 80's/90's then nowadays IMO.

Nicholas David 5/10, I really like the name Nicholas, it's very charming but the dullness of David just ruins it for me.

Christoper Scott 0/10, boring,dated,typical and just really bleh.

Thomas Owen - 5/10, love the name owen, but Thomas is awful *choo choo* =P

Good luck

My opinion.

Those are all good names, both individually and together and not with just what you presented but any of the first names with any of the second names would work nicely too.

They all make a good match and sound good