Which weapon(s) would be most effective against a rapist?

So no so long ago, a 50 year old woman was pulled into a bush and raped near a sportsplex in broad daylight. Then there were other stories of women being approached by aggressive men. I want to make sure I am protected with everything I need to defend myself, so which weapons (that a 16 y/o could get a hold of) would be most effective against a rapist?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Being 16 is a serious limitation as to what 'weapons' you can legally possess. And (as was stated in a previous answer) any weapon CAN conceivably be taken away from you and used against you.

Physical self-defense classes are good, as they can train you how to break free of holds, and where to KICK if you need to. A 'tactical flashlight' is also a good self-defense tool that you CAN legally own. It has a sharp scalloped edge at the head that can be used for self-defense as needed.

Pepper spray can be possessed (if approved by your parents) but is ONLY effective against 75-80% of the population.

A firearm or a taser cannot be legally possessed by a sixteen year old in most states. And Most 16 year olds would not be mentally or physically prepared to defend themselves with a knife either.

Therefore, at sixteen, you BEST defense is a mental awareness of your surroundings, being alert, not being alone when traveling (especially at night), and even during daytime hours. Most criminals are cowards, and look for 'easy targets' or crimes of opportunity. Nothing makes a more attractive target or would appeal more to them, than a person in a daze, listening to their MP3 player or talking on their cell phone, distracted, and vulnerable, fumbling for their keys, or just oblivious to where they are at.

When you become an adult, a taser or handgun becomes a great equalizing force and defense tool. However, just owning one is not enough,, as it is not 'magic'. You must then train and become proficient with it's use, and mentally prepared for self-defense.

I learned CPR and took first aid classes to BE PREPARED, hoping I would never have to USE what I had learned. I have a fire extinguisher in my home for the same reason, hoping I never have to use it. Self-preparation and self-defense are they same mindset.

Source(s): past paramedic and Law Enforcement Officer
  • heika
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

There is a form of weaponry that can be very effective for a woman in a close combat situation that requires no licenses or permits and will be with you at all times. Go to a nail salon and get a full set of long artificial nails. Not too long, or they may break. Probably about half an inch over the fingertip will do. Paint them red to provide warning to any potential attacker(s) that you are ready to do battle.

Source(s): GF with long nails (ouch!)
  • 8 years ago

For a 16 year old, you have two options.

A small Air Horn-

You cannot believe how loud these things are. Use it, it will draw lots of attention and most likely scare off the aggressor.

Pepper Spray -

These can be very useful if other things do not work. Spray directly into the aggressors face and he will plea for mercy.

• 8 years ago

Carry a Mag-Lite. After hurricane Katrina, all of the trash of a city seemed to move into our apartment complex (two killings in one night; one two doors down from us). My wife took to carrying my Mag-Lite to and from our door. At night (with it on), people thought it was the police (and would scatter). She once overheard some guy tell a friend of his that there was a woman he wanted to rape, but she was always carrying a Mag-Lite.

Once, 15 years ago, I was working a all-night shift in Downtown Houston. I was armed with a gun and carried a Mag-Lite, too. Part of my job would be to check behind the planters (to run off any bums). I would always shine my Mag-lite because I didn't want anyone shooting at ME, only my flashlight. At about 3 a.m. , a skater gang was a block away from me on the other side of the street. When they noticed me, they crossed the road...They were looking for trouble. As usual, I pulled out my Mag-Lite to check behind the planters, and they went back to the other side of the road. They didn't care that I had a gun...They did care that I had a Mag-lite.

Any other weapon will probably get you arrested. The have models that will fit into your purse, and other models (6 d-cells) that are very intimidating. I was carrying a 3 c-cell model when I had the encounter with the gang. My wife was carrying a 4 D-Cell version.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Honestly, your lungs, scream,until your blue in the face, next, carry pepper spray, finally a good kick in the balls, youre young so try not to be out late, and definately stick with a group.

Source(s): My own opinion
  • 50,000 Volt taser. I don't think they let young people such as yourself carry a gun. If that was an option that would be my first suggestion. Tasers are awesome. You can use it close in, like when he's got you pinned and you can't move. Zzzzzzzzzzzt! He's unconscious. And even if he's touching you the electricity won't transfer to you, only him. Then once you turn 21, start carrying a Glock model 19. That'll fix 'em.

• 8 years ago

Knee to groin

Leg to groin

Fingernails to eyes

Palm of hand open to nose upwardly

• Sharon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No. I weigh 118 lbs. I have a mace (pepper spray) on my keys and I do have a swiss army knife on my person on occasions

• 8 years ago

a loud whistle, anything else can be taken away and used against you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.