Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Atheists: Would you like it if an afterlife were proven?

Hypothetically?

@Amos C, you mean "hypothetical".

Favorite Answer

I'd rather have the Easter Bunny proven so I can get a free load of chocolate every year.

I've got to agree with Heath. That really depends on the afterlife. If some peoples views are right we should try and destroy them for the breaches to human rights. Non existence is better than some peoples view of a heaven, let alone a hell.

It depends on what kind of afterlife. But yeah, as long as it was a good one. Even if it was a bad one, I'd still accept it's existence if there was evidence for it (not sure what evidence for an afterlife would be though.)

It depends on the afterlife, of course (for example, if everybody went to an equivalent of Hell, that'd stink), but I'd find it a very comforting thought that we live on after we die.

Unfortunately, what people want to be true has no effect on the truth.

Don't know if I would like it.

But if it was proven then I would just have to take it for what it is and me liking it or not would be quite irrelevant then anyway, as it wouldn't change the fact an afterlife exists.

There is no afterlife for atheists. Even if it does exist, atheists don't want to be there anyway so what's the point?

I believe that consciousness survives death but it doesn't interest me. I'm here to live life not worry about any afterlife.

That depends on the afterlife.

First you would do good by proving god! Anything proven after that is extra credit!

• Fred

Sure, I would like to see magical fairies proven.