Is anyone serious online dating? (POF, match.com etc.)?

Ok. Im not perfect by any means but I am 28 year old female 5'3 weigh 125 pounds. Im pretty athletic, run and exercise often, im cute, smart and funny. I have a 3 year old daughter with my ex-fiance but we get along great, he sees her all the time etc. I am a working single mom, have my **iish together and don't have drug problems or any drama like that. Im normal, have my own place, I have good friends and family but I don't get to meet a lot of guys. Sooo, when I feel the need to date, ill go on Plenty of fish or match.com (beats meeting guys at the gym) Let me tell you for 2 years, I have been on at least 30 dates and I haven't met one guy that is: 1.) stable-financially or emotionally 2.) honest or 3.) looking for a real girlfriend.... So what the hell am I supposed to think? Is it me? Or is it just the online culture to constant;y cheat and see 20+ women at the same time and play games. I am so sick of the same old crap. And its all kinds of guys, single no kids, single with kids, divorced, single guys, older guys, younger guys, guys with degrees, I EVEN dated a Lawyer that was full of crap... Anyway someone tell me im not insane!!! TY

• Jun
    Favorite Answer

No you are not insane, but let me explain because I have some experiences with online dating as well. Like in the real world, meeting a quality future partner is not an easy breezy walk in the park. You still have to go through a lot of BS, false hopes, and lies to know who is worthy for you. Online dating is no different and its especially even more difficult for women because many of them want to get away from the reality of meeting guys that are complete *******, and just down right creepy and clueless. However, places like POF.com has so many of them because it is a free dating site and anyone with a pulse and a keyboard will type anything to make themselves sound like Don Juan. So in reality, online dating clearly has its own challenges and even using Match.com which a very popular paying dating site many of your so called "matches" aren't exactly for you because the only thing you can rely on is a few messages on their profile and a few decent pics and god forbid if they even have any.

However, online dating isn't exactly all that bad but you must know the types of sites that caters to the type of partners you wish to meet and those you don't. There are a few out there that are specifically catered to professionals that have a busy schedule and cannot devote their time going to places like bars, clubs, join gyms or the mall. and I'm not talking about sites like E-harmony or date.com these sites are terrible because of their complex matching compatibilities that it won't guarantee you having a decent partner of your choice but rather what a trivia gave you based on your own answers.

Don't blame yourself for not finding what you seek online, because some people out there are so good at lying a profile will make you think they are a catch but once you meet them in person they become completely a different person often those that have no idea what they are looking for and those that have never even been on a date with a woman.

There are only a few guys in the online dating scene that are incredible at getting the most of the virtual world without cheating, lying, or deceiving a woman of their dreams but the sad part is, because of so many creepers and stalkers online these idiots actually scare away all the great women online. So just like you having a tough time finding a partner its the same for guys who actually appreciate women but are getting covered by idiots who have no game in real life and even worse online.

Overall, I am much happier dating in the real world than to rely heavily online because i don't have time to sit on my computer and chit chat, but online dating is often a necessity for the busy professional but avoid using places like POF or any sites that are free. Match is okay but this site has a heavy traffic of members that you really have to indicate who you really want to meet which can often give you less results and waste your time.

Here are a couple websites that are effective online dating but keep in mind that the membership fee is a little high compare to some you probably tried.

Sugardaddie.com (amazing site, clearly for the busy business minded extremely high quality matches (well for women at least). decent membership fee.

EventsandAdventures.com (Not exactly a dating service, but its an activity dedicated to meeting singles and those looking for fun and someone to meet).

Chemistry.com (Not as heavy traffic as match but a great one based on of course chemistry)

American Singles.com (not a very well known site but it has a lot of good candidates.)

MetroDate.com (local dating in your area) if you want to see who's in the neighborhood.

These sites are all good places if you still prefer the online dating scene. It's not a bad thing you just have to know where to look.

Source(s): Way with Women Real life dating and Online dating

First of all those are just words the guys probably can spell they don't feel like talking to someone is the same as writting an essay it should be more relaxed.The people on dating sites are in the same position as you they probably don't have time, had bad dates and think online is easier since they know something about them , and can't get dates either they are shy or not that good looking and what not.I also think you have your standards way too high for online dating and specially for a free one I highly doubt you are that attractive too the girls on dating sites are way too in to themselves no wonder why they can't find love or a decent man never again will I be on them I'm not a ugly guy I have been told I am attractive by lots of women I'm in great shape, tall good personality I always get fat chicks and black chicks don't know why.Well it's not for everyone I guess but it's the same both ways there is attractive people sometimes too well good luck.

I know what you mean, but both my uncles and a few cousins have found their life long partners on sights like that. From what I hear thought it was a pain in the *** to find someone who was really serious about settling down and not just a one night stand. Maybe on your page or something (I don't know how any of this works) make sure you mention your looking so a REAL relationship and be sure you talk to them a lot online before wasting time on a date that turns out to be pointless; good luck!

The problem with online dating is that most of the dating websites are nothing but a waste of time. Most of the sites have a lot of fake profiles making it very hard to actually interact with someone. Trust me on this, I have a lot of experience with wasting time like this:)

Check out http://www.okdatingsites.com/ for a list of the best dating sites (casual, adult, cross-cultural, marriage, black, christian etc) . The sites are chosen as the best based on a clever formula; it's not based on the amount of users and on how many people interact on the website. In other words, if you join the sites listed there you will actually find what you are looking for. Good Luck!

Online dating is fine... but I would say that out of 100 guys you will talk to - You will only find that maybe 2% of that are real.... Then from that % you have to see which ones are stable/honest/looking for LTR...

It is hard though... I found my man online, but... Even he has some issues, but I really like him and I am willing to trudge through it! He is a single dad, I am a single mom... So it just works :)

@@@Good luck@@@

Source(s): my life experience

If you're victim of being cheated on, never had a lover, or also often fall under the friend-zone, then to resolve all of this difficulties with women you'll need this book https://tr.im/1jpwv , The Tao of Badass.

Joshua Pellicer is mental performance behind that book and, in this guide he applies a distinctive method of relationship and attracting women

These are only a number of the some ideas that you will find in this book when nearing women: appearance when speaking with women, develop wit or be mysterious.

With Tao down Badass you will discover ways to keep in touch with girls. Girls are more cultural beings than men and they want to be about individuals who learn how to talk.

The real reason why you can't find a man on a dating website is because you are a single mother. Nobody wants an instant-family. Your #1 priority is to your child. Person you are dating is relegated to #2 or #3, which inherently implies that he is not the object of your attention ergo with your lowered libido accentuated by general stress of being a mother, coupled with financial liabilities of having to fend for two on your limited income would directly correlate with the fact that he will not be getting frequent or quality sex in relationship with you, he would be burdened with all of your debt and bills that you will almost immediately throw on his shoulders and lastly with ex being in the picture your relationship will not be about "both of you" but instead your ex, your child and you and him. With former men barking at your ankles and baby calling someone else a dad... he really has no incentive to enter a relationship with you. In animal world it is not uncommon for newcomer male to kill offsprings that are not his. Look no further than lions for example. Since we are more or less civilized and do not condone murder all too much, in online world what is happening to you is called pump and dump. You are used for the only utility you can provide (sex) and then he gets the heck out of doge to avoid becoming a pseudo-father and a provider.

Whatever your story was that involved you and your ex separating is something that you have to live with for the rest of your life. In the scope of time concept of divorce or common marriage separation is a relatively new thing. For thousands of years women were bound to the family unit regardless of what went on. Male would be the protector and provider and women would be the caregiver and supply their husbands with fertility. Not so much in today's world. Women's fertility window is relatively short. 18-34 years. Women's options post divorce are anything but favorable. She thought that grass is greener on the other side. En contraire. Instead of being miserable every now and then but having a stable family unit, majority of women decide that family consists of a woman and her children so they remove men from the picture (for whatever reason legitimate or not) and thus cripple their own future because nobody wants a used model with baggage in tow.

Only match.com is serious. Paying for stuff weeds out hoodrats.

I did some searching around and that guy from MTV true life has an online dating tip site.

http://azseduction.com/

Its actually pretty legit, its all free too.

-Jeff

No, I'm 24, single 5ft 8 120 lbs and decided to no longer wish to be in a relationship. Im only in a relationship with god.

no your not insane i gave up a year ago cause i feel net dates are ment for people who have no time to look or dont try to look 24 hour shifts and then on my time im working again on my phsycal and mental health plus training for the job makes it impossible to have a relationship so some people like me do it (just not me no more) and also the lazy