What are Australia's main alliances?

Ok, so I am just wondering about our alliances with other countries. I was thinking of joining the military some day, and although this isn't really related I think it would probably help. Also, it's a personal interest. I know we are part of the commonwealth, and have some sort of alliance with... show more Ok, so I am just wondering about our alliances with other countries.
I was thinking of joining the military some day, and although this isn't really related I think it would probably help.
Also, it's a personal interest.

I know we are part of the commonwealth, and have some sort of alliance with America, but my grandfather says that right now, some of our most powerful allies are the UK, America and Germany. I also know that Julia Gillard (our prime minister for anybody who is scanning through this) has been improving relationships with china.

SO, what are our alliances with other countries?
Also, if possible, I would like answers more focused on the military.

Yeah...i just read "tomorrow when the war began" again...

Oh, and I know that we have a really long standing alliance with New Zealand, and that Australia, Britain and New Zealand all have SAS (R) troops, and there are ANZAC corps, so could you perhaps give more detail to the Australia/New Zealand treaties?

Thanks guys.
Update: Yeah...those kangaroos sure are dangerous...almost as bad as idiots stereotyping countries...

Thanks for the legit answers though.