SSD vs HDD Usage for Gaming?

I've been looking into getting an ssd to record with fraps due to its high write speeds. However, I have also heard it is better to store the game on the ssd and then record on a fresh hdd.

Is it better for me to record (full quality, mind you) onto an SSD and hold my games on an HDD

OR to record onto an HDD and keep my games on the SSD due to the high read/write rate.

So pretty much

-is the write rate of an ssd high enough to reduce lag while recording with fraps

-or is the read rate better than the write rate so me running the game would be faster than having it on an empty hdd

and don't tell me that it depends for each ssd and hdd so if you could choose two and compare them then that would be great. any more info needed will be added to the details.

Thank you :)

Favorite Answer

Usually the lag from fraps comes from the graphic memory being dumped, not the hard disk it self, since games ones they load an area they dont touch the HDD. On the other hand i would go with the HDD since fraps can top 100 GB within minutes, and there is not enough space on SSD for that. Best solution is to keep the OS on SSD and HDD like a data disk.

i might circulate with i5 320 GB HDD and 20GB SSD.the 1st one is extra powerful simply by fact its having i5 processor it incredibly is definitely extra powerful than i3. SSD is stable state force it incredibly is likewise meant for storing documents.despite the fact that it incredibly is a lot lots extra powerful than huge-unfold HDD simply by its extreme overall performance and sturdiness.a brilliant variety of the individuals want SSD over HDD as their prevalent force and setting up OS and in user-friendly terms some documents on it.you additionally can do a similar.

Fraps does not compress the video as it records, so there will be lag because it has to write massive files to your hard disk drive.

If you use SSD, you may reduce the lag slightly.

If I were you, I will use Bandicam.

Bandicam compresses the recording video when recording, and uses much lower CPU/GPU/RAM usage than Fraps. As a result, you may have much less lag.

=> Bandicam: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=bandicam

If you have the lag with Bandicam, go to Video settings of Bandicam, and reduce the video size, FPS and video quality.

=> See http://www.gamerecordingprogram.com/faqs/how_to_re...

If you're talking about fps, then it's not worth considering it.

If you're an autistic person who have been diagnosed with OCD and can be amazed or intimidated by noticing a slight seconds difference, then you should consider getting a SSD.

no need for SSD

SSD will not give you higher FPS.

FPS is totally depended on your graphics card and CPU temperatures.

SSD will make your game load(start) faster but you won't notice a different while playing your game.

........

unless your current HDD is some olda$$ 3200RPM drive lol

sh it, why you askin me?