Does anyone know any good Sci Fi books for 13 year olds who hate romance novels?

I like HIVE Enders Game Harry Potter Percy Jackson etc.

Favorite Answer

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

He even lets people read it for free.

Good Books For 13 Year Olds

• I've heard good stuff about the Hunger Games, like how it's interesting but weird. But this is my new favorite book— Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25. I'm 13, usually don't like science fiction. But that book was so good and went quickly, you'll have to check it out! It's supposed to be like the next Harry Potter, they're also making a movie about it.

Septimus Heap

Artemis Fowl

The Hunger Games

His Dark Materials

The Inheritance Cycle

The Knife of never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) - Patrick Ness (Sci-fi series about a boy who is hunted down by people from his town)

The Maze Runner - James Dashner (About a group of young boys who are all imprisoned in a maze with no memory. Set in a post-apocalypse earth)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams (The title is self explanatory)

I also really recommend the Hunger Games even though there is a romance component to the story and it is quite a major part of the whole plot. But the story is exciting enough and gory enough IMO to keep you entertained and on the edge of your seat. FANTASTIC Trilogy!

If you want to know more about each book go to www.goodreads.com

There, you will find reviews and ratings from thousands of readers.

Enjoy!

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer (It's original, but I'm sure if you like Percy Jackson you'll love it!)

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (hilarious! I laugh so hard on every page!)

The Bartimaeus Trilogy by Jonathon Stroud (Great, especially if you like Harry Potter. It's hilarious at times, but the plot is really serious and deep. stick with it, and you'll love it!)

Source(s): Some of my favorite fantasy books

Isaac Asimov is pretty good. If you prefer more sci-fi humour, read some Douglas Adams. Or, if you're looking for more sci-fi fantasy books, have a read of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

Source(s): former English teacher

The Hunger games - suzanne collins

I am number 4 - pittacus lore

the roar - emma clayton

inside out - maria v snyder

candor - pam bachorz

gone series - michael grant

the maze runner - james dashner

skulduggery pleasant - derek landy

unwind - neal shusterman

delight and Prejudice via Jane Austen The Kite Runner via Khaled Hosseini The e book Thief via Markus Zusak The starvation video games via Suzanne Collins life of Pi via Yann Martel To Kill a Mockingbird via Harper Lee Room via Emma Donoghue Snow Flower and the secret Fan via Lisa See the colour pink via Alice Walker

• misty

Have you tried Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials series?