Lupita
Lupita asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 8 years ago

Can i get life insurance policy even if im illegaly here in the usa?

I want to get a life insurance the beneficiary would be my son who is a America citizen, I had live here since I was 10 my visa expired last year and I have to go back to my country to renovate it and i don't think that is happening , so can i get a life insurance or not?

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for the question. In order to get life insurance, with most insurance companies, a green card or citizenship is required. Some companies even require a driver's license and more. For non-citizens or permanent residents, there are a couple of companies that offer mostly accident only life insurance. You can probably guess where this is going... If an legal non-resident has limited availability, you can just imagine what an illegal alien can get...most likely nothing. I said most likely because there may always be some obscure option I may not be aware of. All the best,. Philippe Deray www.mcdlife.com

• Ken G

Yes you can. It will take a licensed life insurance agent to interview you and show you how to justify the need for the insurance. The agent will advise whether you best be the owner of the policy or your son. There would be nothing wrong with you applying for the policy, paying the premiums and then making the son the owner of the policy. Any mother can apply to buy life insurance on herself for the benefit of her son with the son being the owner.

Although there's no law against it, no insurance company will sell you a policy, if you don't have a Social Security number.

• Flower

No you cannot buy a policy in the U.S. because you dont live here. I suggest buying a policy in your own country.

Probably not since he isn't old enough to do it for himself and you have to do it but you need your visa I think

nope

I hope not.