promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is the definition of Non-Specific & Specific Immunity?

Also can you explain to me Humoral Response & Cell Mediated Response simply? Because I've been having a hard time trying to understand them? Also with the steps generally?

Thanks (: !!

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is a simple description that you may find helpful:

"Cell-mediated immunity is an immune response that does not involve antibodies but rather involves the activation of macrophages, natural killer cells (NK), antigen-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes, and the release of various cytokines in response to an antigen. Historically, the immune system was separated into two branches: humoral immunity, for which the protective function of immunization could be found in the humor (cell-free bodily fluid or serum) and cellular immunity, for which the protective function of immunization was associated with cells."

Edit: Non specfic immunity involves pre- existing immune substances in the body that fights infections and which is the first line of defense. Specific immunity is acquired by prior exposure to an antigen and a specific antibody is formed in response to this. This is the so called 'second line of immunne defense'.

Source(s): Wikipedia
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Specific Immunity Definition

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/YEQNx

Non-specific immunity is "non-specific;" it doesn't target any particular pathogen. The skin is a non-specific barrier- it keeps all antigens out. Antibodies are specific because they are produced in response to a particular antigen. Antibodies are a humoral response ("humor" refers to a vapor or fluid). Cell-mediated response is a response to an antigen carried out by particular cells, such as lymphocytes. An outline of the particulars can be found online or in a text (that's a book)...

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is the definition of Non-Specific & Specific Immunity?

Also can you explain to me Humoral Response & Cell Mediated Response simply? Because I've been having a hard time trying to understand them? Also with the steps generally?

Thanks (: !!

Source(s): definition specific specific immunity: https://biturl.im/9oXmx
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.