Why is World of Warcraft lagging so bad for me?

I just bought a new subscription yesterday after not playing it for about 7 to 8 months but whenever I fight monsters it freezes every for a minute every 4 to 5 seconds and also when I enter a battleground for pvp or dungeon the whole game freezes. I just did a quick virus scan with Trend Micro Antivirus with nothing and here is some of my computer info:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU speed at: 2.4 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.28 GHz

Ram: 4.5 GB

OS: Vista

Video Card: GeForce 8600 GT

Why is it running like this? I even have the graphics on set on low detail.

It was the stupid "out of date" addons I had running, nevermind. WoW should never need a high end graphics card anyway.

Favorite Answer

Your GPU is Low-End. I would Recomend a Radeon HD 6770 1GB, If you dont prefer Radeon I would Recomend a GeForce GTX series card. Your walet cant be small for good a GPU. You'll need like $150 for a very god card.

Source(s): My parents got me a GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB for christmas.

See now, there are 2 categories of "lag" latency - led to by potential of a sluggish information superhighway connection. it is regularly led to by potential of purely purely no longer having a speedy sufficient information superhighway out of your information superhighway provider service, or different all of us is making use of the internet additionally and slowing down your connection. indicators of this comprise strikes happening a 2d or so when you click or what you spot isn't what's at present happening. undesirable physique-fee (physique fee = sort of situations your laptop updates your exhibit consistent with 2d) - led to by potential of no longer having a effective sufficient laptop. this would additionally be led to in case you have viruses on your laptop and that they are making use of your laptop's supplies. indicators comprise reducing, the place your exhibit strikes very jerky. Your answer relies upon on what your difficulty is. in case you have undesirable latency, you likely % to objective to get your individual information superhighway connection, cable if obtainable. in case you have undesirable physique-fee, first verify your laptop for viruses. If that doesn't do it, seem into upgrading your laptop or determining to purchase yet another. atypical factor approximately WoW, video playing cards does not advance overall performance they way it does different video games. snowstorm programmed the pastime to run especially of your laptop's CPU, if that helps you any.