Is Japan really misogynist or is it just another feminist myth to take down men?

Let me tell you about what's happening in Japan: 60% of Japanese men under the age of 35 identified themselves as "herbivore men". They have a lack of interest in relationships and sex, and are not active in pursuing women. Many of them stay out of the dating scene altogether, and the ones who DO... show more Let me tell you about what's happening in Japan:

60% of Japanese men under the age of 35 identified themselves as "herbivore men". They have a lack of interest in relationships and sex, and are not active in pursuing women. Many of them stay out of the dating scene altogether, and the ones who DO date, refuse to be involved with women who won't pay their own way. They not only refuse to be protectors and providers for women, but reject the notion of traditional masculinity altogether. The statistic was done in 2009, and it is actually possible that it is more than 60%, as women in Japan seem to be having an awfully hard time finding non-herbivore men.

They go their own way - and they don't go out of their way to impress women. They pursue their own hobbies, and go for smaller but more fulfilling jobs or create self employment, rather than bust their *** to make money.

They spend a lot of time on their personal appearance, almost as much as women, which you will consider effeminate - but hey - they don't live their lives to impress women.

Women are of course, threatened by this. They can no longer control those men, or leech money and resources from them. Many sexist women (and possibly some self-hating manginas) have criticized them, even called them names, for not being typical macho manly men. Of course, if a man did the same thing to a woman who wasn't womanly enough, it would be called sexist, so there is obviously a double standard there. Whether you want to call them effeminate or not is up to you - it doesn't matter either way - but to me, they're simply rejecting male servitude and going their own way.

Paul from A Voice for Men radio believed that this may have been a backlash of the feminist movement. Here in the west - feminism started at a time when women did not have rights, and gender roles were a requirement. Feminism got women their rights, which of course at the time was only the right thing to do. They later moved on to getting rid of women's gender roles, but did nothing about men's. They still demand that men pay for dates, mow the lawn, fix their cars, clean the roofs, but women didn't have to do their roles. Also, men are not allowed to "sexually harass" women, and you'll notice I put that in quotation marks, as a woman's standards on what is considered "sexual harassment" is unbelievably low. Simply talking to her can be considered sexual harassment. Women can still do all those things to men though. Another double standard. Feminism is for superiority, not equality.

Problem is that in the west, feminism happened gradually, and it took a while for men to realise the double standards. We are just newly waking up, and still the majority of men are stuck in the feminist lie.

In Japan, however, feminism happened quickly - quick enough for the men to realise the double standard, and break free before they got trapped. Now the hypocrisy of feminism has fallen flat on the feminists' faces.

That's just Paul's theory though. It's still in debate what the actual reason behind the conversion either, but no matter what the reason is - what has happened is clear: Japanese men no longer worship women, and won't cater to their every whim.

So, back to my question:

Many people complain that Japan is a misogynist country, but, is that really true? We all know the feminist myth - women call anything that doesn't cater to and WORSHIP women misogyny.
In what ways is Japan sexist towards women? And I mean, actually sexist, not just the fact that men control themselves in that country.

Also, if you have any comments on what I posted, feel free to post them.
Update: @Ultimate Hero - Yep, we should. Too bad there's still the other 40% of men (or whatever the precise amount is).
Update 2: @Nick - It could be more common in some areas of Japan than others. I've seen some people say it's only some men, and others say it's almost all men. I guess it's more to do with specific areas.