Ever wonder why Neocons love cops while everyone else hates them? You think it has to do with racial profiling?

On a hot summer afternoon in August 1998, 37-year-old U.S. Army Sergeant First Class Rossano V. Gerald and his young son Gregory drove across the Oklahoma border into a nightmare. A career soldier and a highly decorated veteran of Desert Storm and Operation United Shield in Somalia, SFC Gerald, a black man of Panamanian descent, found that he could not travel more than 30 minutes through the state without being stopped twice: first by the Roland City Police Department, and then by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

During the second stop, which lasted two-and-half hours, the troopers terrorized SFC Gerald's 12-year-old son with a police dog, placed both father and son in a closed car with the air conditioning off and fans blowing hot air, and warned that the dog would attack if they attempted to escape. Halfway through the episode – perhaps realizing the extent of their lawlessness – the troopers shut off the patrol car's video evidence camera.

http://www.aclu.org/racial-justice/driving-while-b...

This is what I found in the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union). You think the war on drugs is racist much?

Yes Lucille poor white people too. I know cause if you don't have a BMW or a Mercedes then the cops see you as white trash. Oh I have been there trust me.

Favorite Answer

Well, as you can see by the fascist answers here you are not a human being if you are not a conservative and are a drug using pimp criminal. I have never heard such stupidiy in my life. If these people get their piece of crap nominee in, I am moving to Canada. I am sure of it. I can no longer live in a fascist state.

If you could possibly come up with the most asinine of scenarios, and ask which individuals were in the right, and who were in the wrong, more than likely far right neocon thugs will SURPRISE you.

for example: Ron Paul didn't want the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to pass, he was rooting for the cops who so brutalized their victims.

Source(s): blacks are arrested and given longer sentences than whites who commit the same crimes, and systemic racism makes it far more difficult for a black man, especially if he has a criminal record, to find a job. It isn't surprising that a group of poor individuals facing societal discrimination would end up committing more crime per capita. Treating blacks with distrust is just perpetuating the problem.

Sounds more like a typical application of our new and improved totalitarian police state, race has nothing to do with it.

As usual you got everything backwards.

Liberals are criminals. So liberals hate cops. And they cops just reflect the liberal hate back to them.

Conservatives are not criminals. So we get along fine with cops.

You liberals are the ones with the problem.

I have never had an issue with a cop. Why are you lumping all cops in with bad apples?

• Nguyen

Every black robber , drug dealer, murder and rapist uses it's because i'm BLACK they want to arrest me.

Yes this poor innocent black guy who was nice polite was attacked. BS !!!!!!!!!

I hate this BS racial lie.

What if the father was drunk and driving with his child?

Such a LIE!

Stop your BS lies.

Liberal Democrat VOTERS are the law breakers and the TRASH of every race.

Terrorized his son with a police dog?

Did he let him pet it or something?

I can't stand most cops. They harass white people too. Believe me, I would know.

• Where i live the cops are the most friendly people around.

Only criminals hate cops.