Gah.. I've eaten so much, and it's Christmas. I know I'm going to have more.. is it alright to indulge? :(?

So I LOVE Christmas and there are always so many goodies.. I can't help myself :(

I usually stick to a REALLY healthy diet and work out 5-6 days a week for 1 hour each time. However, for the last couple weeks and for the next few weeks as well, I have eaten quite a few goodies, and probably wayyyyy more calories/fat than usual :/

I've still been working out... but I won't be on Christmas Day or on Boxing Day. And I'm having a big Christmas dinner on Christmas with family. Probably going to have LOTS to eat all day long and stuffs... yeah :/

I just feel really bad/guilty.. I used to be overweight and am now underweight.. I had quite a few eating problems :/ I am female 5'1" about 98 ( Maybe more now :((( ) lbs and 17 years old.. I am happy where I am and am at a safe weight.. I really don't want to gain a lot of weight, but it is Christmas and I know I am going to be eating a lot of junk and being lazy...

Is it alright to indulge like this at this time of year? I mean... once Christmas is over I won't be eating like this obviously, and will go back to my regular routine ( maybe a little stricter in terms of food for a few weeks/couple months [ 1800 calories + 1 hour exercise or so ] ).

I mean, I still want my clothes to fit properly and everything :( Will this cause significant, noticeable change again? I just really don't want to be fat again :

Best Answer

Just do extra cardio ect. In the past 2 months I lost like 40 lbs and I broke my diet many times, I ate like 2 full packs of Halloween candy haha but one day won't make a difference. Remember, exercise is the great eraser of bad eating.

Source(s): I was 260 in January and I'm 170 now. I workout 60-120min per day. Not including weights

Christmas only comes once a year. Why would you diet when you there is only one time this year you are going to have acess to all the cheese cake in the year. I just recently lost 50 pounds and am on a strict vegetarian diet, but I know today you won't keep me away from the cinnamon buns. Take this opportunity to just eat and have fun, and just eat what you want, you christmas present to yourself. Start back to your healthy living on Monday. :) merry Christmas and have fun

Just eat 'till you can't hold another bite. It won't matter if you do this for a few days.

And you said you are underweight? in that case, this may even be good!

Bu even if your not underweight, don't do that 1800 calorie thing. Eat normal when your done binging, at least 2500 calories a day. It won't matter, honestly and you will not get fat from just a few weeks of binging.

It's fine, I'm sure you deserve to treat yourself occasionally.

Just finish out the holiday and then go straight back (or restart) your diet/ exercise plan

You'll be fine, if you gain any weight it'll come off in no time as soon as you go back to your regular habits.

Enjoy yourself, it is Christmas. It won't hurt to eat a little more then usual for a couple days!

yes dont worry.. once a week its perfectly fine to cheat

as long as u eat 6 days clean

just go and do more cardio the next day

• Andy V

You wrote too much and I have a hang over. Stick to your routine and you'll be fine.

Who cares? Just exercise.

indulge but not binge

Don't think about it