What's up with David Otunga's COFFEE Gimmick?

I don't think this would take him anywhere. it's just a Backstage Gimmick. he's not even a Wrestler anymore. what do you think of his gimmick?

BQ: Is CM Punk the new Stone Cold?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Seems "creative" has been watching too many TV lawyer shows and have chosen the "preppy nerd" model as Otunga's new gimmick. That type doesn't drink coffee, they drink "latte" and wear sweater vests and bow ties. Surprised they don't have Otunga wearing little reading glasses on the end of his nose.

It's just a throwaway gimmick they stuck him in until they think up a real storyline for him. Trouble is, he's just an average WWE performer with nothing special about him. So finding something for him that will excite the fans will be a challenge.

BQ: Well, he's more "Stone Cold" than Orton ever was but he's the first CM Punk, not the next Stone Cold. There are SOME similarities but Punk is his own man, not a rip-off of an earlier star.

• 3 years ago

see you later because it really isn't any longer a international call, than i'm pleased with it. His personality basically would not healthful with having a significant call. BQ1: no longer a question yet i am going to agree he's a sturdy wrestler. BQ2: nicely supposely CM Punk will be shifting to Smackdown at the same time as the draft comes which i imagine is an complete evidence plan when you consider that Smackdown lacks any major celeb now. They both favor to deliver some more suitable major superstars or construct some more suitable human beings to in good structure the major function.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The gimmick is that his coffee is laced with sleeping pills and roofies that's why he is so boring. zzzzzzzz......

BQ No he is not. I don't remember Stone Cold smiling all the time and waving to the crowd. He's more like the third Bella twin. CM Punk looks like a little kid at one of those school plays. "Hi mommy! Hi daddy! Look what I can do!" *dances like a ballerina*

• 8 years ago

he has a lawyer gimmick not a coffee gimmick u tool :s

and there will only be one Stone Cold...CM Punk cant be compared with austin due to the two different wrestling eras being completely different

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

The coffee is a gimmick to piss everyone off.

And to your CM Punk question: NO! Punk is not or will never be anything like Steve Austin, get that out of your head. Punk is a ECW wrestler through and through, I respect him for that. Austin was his own, there will never be another. Punk is rated PG, Austin is R.

• You mean David BOWtunga.

BQ: No, CM Punk is awesome, but he's no Stone Cold

• 8 years ago

It is just a lawyer gimmick,but seriously coffee

bq=nope he is new john cena a.k.a unbeatable

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's a case of Creative has nothing for you. They obviously like him a little or they would just put him on Superstars.

• 8 years ago

he wants to look smart just because he attended a law college.

• 8 years ago

it is lawyer

Source(s): yes
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.