Anonymous

Do you think the Iraqi Kurds will try to use Iraqi Vice President Hashemi as a bargaining chip with the Arabs?

The Kurds aren't too happy that Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution hadn't been implemented in all these years. More than anything, I think they want a vote on whether or not Kirkuk should join the autonomous Kurdistan region.

I think they could go to the Sunnis and the Shiites and see which one will give them a vote on Kirkuk.

If the Sunni Arabs endorse the Kirkuk referendum, the Kurds won't release Hashemi to Baghdad.

But if Prime Minister al-Maliki immediately gives them the Kirkuk referendum, then the Kurds will hand Hashemi over to the Shiite-led government for a trial.

What do you think will happen?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The Kurds as a people have wanted independence for a long time, and Iraq is the only government in that area that is weak enough to allow such independence to occur. Hashemi is nothing more than a pawn to be used by the Kurds. I think they'll hand him over eventually, but not without gaining significant concessions, although I doubt they'll gain the vote you're describing. The Iraqi government is desperately trying to appear strong in the aftermath of the US withdrawal, and allowing one of the most oil-rich territories in the nation to pack up and join an autonomous region will do nothing to improve that image. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kurds eventually revolt and try to gain independence from Iraq.

• Hyksos

Neither Iran or Turkey will let this go easy, so nothing will happen to the Kurdistan region

For Hashimi's future... scenarios are open

listen honey, the only thing will happen is .............. arab are looking for a new look

they want to design their own thobe & shimagh ,,,,, everyone want to look sexy !

so iraqi jealous from other arab, due to that i will send them three of my personal designers

to make a new sexy shimagh for them.

and there is a soccer match between al ittihad & al nasr in the next year . i recommend u to watch

VERY IMPORTANT MATCH !!!

Jesus is our savior in the end ,< so god bless him << if he was god then bless ur self pls

muaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

i recommend for USA & ISRAEL & IRAN & IRAQ & RUSSAI & PAKISTAN & KOREA & CHINA's Leaders TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY instead of killing real Human

they should make a special edition for them LOL!