Anonymous

Do you think the Iraqi Kurds will try to use Iraqi Vice President Hashemi as a bargaining chip with the Arabs?

The Kurds aren't too happy that Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution hadn't been implemented in all these years. More than anything, I think they want a vote on whether or not Kirkuk should join the autonomous Kurdistan region.

I think they could go to the Sunnis and the Shiites and see which one will give them a vote on Kirkuk.

If the Sunni Arabs endorse the Kirkuk referendum, the Kurds won't release Hashemi to Baghdad.

But if Prime Minister al-Maliki immediately gives them the Kirkuk referendum, then the Kurds will hand Hashemi over to the Shiite-led government for a trial.

What do you think will happen?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Kurds as a people have wanted independence for a long time, and Iraq is the only government in that area that is weak enough to allow such independence to occur. Hashemi is nothing more than a pawn to be used by the Kurds. I think they'll hand him over eventually, but not without gaining significant concessions, although I doubt they'll gain the vote you're describing. The Iraqi government is desperately trying to appear strong in the aftermath of the US withdrawal, and allowing one of the most oil-rich territories in the nation to pack up and join an autonomous region will do nothing to improve that image. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kurds eventually revolt and try to gain independence from Iraq.

• Hyksos
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Neither Iran or Turkey will let this go easy, so nothing will happen to the Kurdistan region

For Hashimi's future... scenarios are open

• 9 years ago

listen honey, the only thing will happen is .............. arab are looking for a new look

they want to design their own thobe & shimagh ,,,,, everyone want to look sexy !

so iraqi jealous from other arab, due to that i will send them three of my personal designers

to make a new sexy shimagh for them.

and there is a soccer match between al ittihad & al nasr in the next year . i recommend u to watch

VERY IMPORTANT MATCH !!!

Jesus is our savior in the end ,< so god bless him << if he was god then bless ur self pls

muaahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

i recommend for USA & ISRAEL & IRAN & IRAQ & RUSSAI & PAKISTAN & KOREA & CHINA's Leaders TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY instead of killing real Human

they should make a special edition for them LOL!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.