Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 9 years ago

What the hell is Vocaloid?!?

I see them on Youtube, there are pictures of them, and they sing songs?! I look it up on Wikipedia and all I get is 'singing synthesizer'? (Which I don't know what is) And they sing at concerts on a screen? Can anybody explain to me what Vocaloid is? And why is it specifically Hatsune Miku, Rin and Len Kagamine, etc? And is Hatsune the main character and if yes, why? I asked my friend what Vocaloid is and she told me it was a MANGA! Which I don't think it is.

Plus, when I went to an anime convention, I see this girl dressed up as Hatsune Miku!

And who designs their outfits? They look so unique!

And how did they get so popular?

Favorite Answer

Vocaloid is a music synthesizer - a program for computer.

Basically what it does is if you plug in the notes and lyrics, the program will make it into a song.

Character part.

Hatsune Miku, Len Kagamine, etc are characters that are made with Vocaloid. Each song kind of has a character that goes with it - which is why there are so many fanmade vocaloids.

Hatsune Miku isn't the "main character" but she IS undoubtedly the most famous one. There is no main character as it's just a character to go with the singing. Their outfit is computer generated but the person who make the character can make the design as well - it's all in the Vocaloid Program.

They got popular... I dont really know how. They just became really popular all of the sudden - which I guess who wouldn't want a program that lets you make your own music?

PS.

There is a manga of it but only using the character from Vocaloid... so not really a manga.

a vocaloid is actually a singing computer though they do take some sounds from a singer and digitize it so it doesn't sound like a singer, its confusing the way i explained it... say like they base the vocaloids voice off of someone else and Miku hatsune is the first vocaloid a computer company made and her voice is based off of a famous japanese singer, i forgot who. and yes they made it into a manga and more and more characters are being made and they sing some in high pitches some in regular... robotic voices. the most know song is World is mine from Hatsune Miku/Miku Hatsune. and apparently when they first launched her as a singer many people were amazed the a few do re mi's from one person could become a whole song just by using a computer

Source(s): read it somewhere and remembered it -____-
  • volino

Vocaloid isn't an anime-- there's a manga talked approximately as Hatsune mixture or some thing to that effect. Vocaloid is a software with Utau being its fanmade equivalent. the main Vocaloids are Kaito, Meiko, Len & Rin Kagamine, Miku Hatsune, Gakupo Kamui and Luka Megurine. (Others inclue Yuki Kaai, Hiyama Kiyoteru, Megumi, Sonika, enormous Al, candy Ann, Lily, SF-A2 Miki, Macpoid Nana). it somewhat is a voice synthesizing software with character fronts. something is basically fanmade POVs and human beings who've used them to make MVs.

Vocaloid is a Japanese Anime Pop group. it has many characters in it and their voices are computer generated. use wikipedia. its not good but its better than nothing

They are a group of anime singers!......I think......

I was going to ask this the other day too, but I didn't...

I'm confused, SOMEONE TELL US!

T__T

• .

A Japanese anime computerized singer with a lot of auto tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI

Youtube thumbnail